jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

Images Cropped on Profile Page

1. Millionaire Tips profile image87
    Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago

I have been trying to add words and teasers on my images to make them more (MFP) suitable for Pinterest - hoping to get some clicks. 

These images are being cropped on my profile page, so that some of the letters are cut off.  Is there a way for the profile page to show the full image so the words show there?  It looks strange and unprofessional. Although I have not noticed this happening,  I am also worried that sometimes a cropped word might turn into another word that I do not mean.

1. I Am Rosa profile image87
      I Am Rosaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I went and looked at your profile page.  The only ones I saw getting cropped are the Amistad and Asthma ones in your Spotlight section.  I have yet to discover a way to adjust profile or photo settings, so the only suggestion I can make is to make sure you leave a large enough "bleed area" (border) around the outside of the photo that you won't lose the lettering if your photo gets cropped.

Personally, I've started to crop my photos all to the same size (4x6) so they're uniform when displaying and I leave a wide border area where I make sure not to put any wording.  Then, I keep the size of the file 1 MB or less.  So far, it's worked great.  I've yet to see any of my photos get cropped.  Hope that helps!

~ Rosa

1. Millionaire Tips profile image87
        Millionaire Tipsposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You're right, Rosa, it is just the spotlight images that are being cropped.  It is difficult to find a good place to put the words where they can be read without having to worry about the bleed area.  If you look at the Amistad Rebellion, (the regular hub is in the second row down) the "n" in rebellion is pretty far away from the border. It is a big bleed area.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image75
          Matthew Meyerposted 4 years ago in reply to this

The spotlight image on profiles works best with 200x150 images.
          http://hubpages.com/faq/#HubsOnProfile
          We have to do some sort of cropping on some images to make them fit here.
          You may want to change the first two images for these Hubs to 200x150 and see if that has the effect you would like.
          As @Rosa mentioned, a bleed area for text could also help.
          A strong images without text might also work better for all the different sizes of the images (thumbnail, spotlight image, pinterest, etc.)

1. I Am Rosa profile image87
            I Am Rosaposted 4 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the link, Matthew!!  Knowing the exact dimensions definitely helps :-)

working