jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Why Is My Hubber Score Dropping?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image93
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

This week my Hubber Score went from 98 to 91, and the only thing I did was delete several articles.  This, coupled with the immense drop in my CPMs is only serving to depress me even more!

1. jacobedward02 profile image59
      jacobedward02posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi,
      I am new in hubpages. Please give suggestion to score high points.

2. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I didn't do a thing and my score dropped from 95 to 88.

Not that I care. Firstly, I find the scores meaningless because of the arbitrary way in which they are changed. Secondly, I have no intention of placing any content on here while the site remains at it is.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Except for the fact that HP just announced that only "higher" hubber scores would be permitted to have outgoing links that Google can see.  However, they did not say what a "higher" score means.

1. Jenn-Anne profile image89
        Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They are looking for a hubber score of 85 in order for links to stay "do-follow."

3. WriteAngled profile image91
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I still don't care.

Having nofollow links here does not bother me in the least. I haven't linked to my web sites from Hubpages, apart from one link on my profile to a site which has the full profile text I used to have here. When Hubpages cut the amount of text displayed, I simply moved it elsewhere.

I prefer to keep my serious sites totally separate from revenue-share content sites. I have found a dramatic changeover in traffic since the last Panda. My web sites are starting to take off and I am now seeing many times more views on my own sites than on hubs, and also am earning better on them than on hubs.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

It always amazes me to see how many sites people like you write on.  I don't do this for a living, so am rather limited that way, but it is interesting to hear stories like the one you just told.  Good luck!

1. WriteAngled profile image91
        WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I don't do it for a living either, thank heavens. I am a freelance translator and have far more work offered than I can accept. My web sites are a sideline when I want a break from translation.

At the moment I'm messing around on this forum and on Bubblews, while translating a rather boring and very long report about a veterinary medicine.

working