jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (15 posts)

Back Into The Earning & Writing

1. WryLilt profile image87
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

I never actually "tried" to make money writing online. It kind of just happened. I have content that sits here (and elsewhere online) that just ticks over, regularly bringing me an income even if I only look at it every six months. I prefer to write on topics that interest me, rather than boring topics I know will make money but bore me to tears.

For the last year, I've been learning more about webdesign and marketing - directories, membership sites, list building etc. And let me tell you - it's HARD!

So what am I going to do? Get back into serious writing. Because relatively, it's quite EASY!

It's the lowest point of the year traffic and earnings wise right now... so it'll be up hill from here. And hopefully with plenty more content. I'll probably leave this account alone, as it seems to fend well for itself. May even delete some low quality content. Go write on my other accounts + other rev share sites, then redirect the traffic back to my basket of websites.

Thinking of changing over some of my accounts to Adsense only just to give my earnings a little more kick till Hubpages CPM picks up.

Remember - if you choose the right title, everything else will follow along...

1. David Trujillo profile image87
      David Trujilloposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good luck with your new venture WryLit! Thanks for all the help you have given me with some of my hubs. I´m eager on checking some of your websites.

WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good luck finding them wink Most are anonymous niches.

2. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Jeez, been thinking the same thing about getting up more content and posting on my other revenue sharing sites. You stole my idea! lol

Sorry. I also stole your quote at a recent speaking function. About people Googling answers, not titles *hides*

1. Cardisa profile image91
          Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No prob. You can steal my ideas anytime big_smile

3. Tech and Gaming profile image59
      Tech and Gamingposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi WryLilt,

I'm very new here (joined and published first hub within the past 48hrs new), so pardon my ignorance if the answer to this is quite obvious! As it happens, I'm also new to writing for these types of sites.

What is the rationale behind switching to 'AdSense only' in order to boost your income? Does taking part in the other revenue programs negatively affect earnings on average? Or is it just the HubPages Ad Program that's currently gone awry?

I'm particularly curious as I'm signing up for all of the programs now and there seems to be a lot of conflicting opinions on which are best used and when. Thanks!

Currently, the HP ad program CPM (basically the pay per 1,000 views) is a lot lower than usual. So switching to Adsense means that all the adverts display your Adsense ID instead of your HP ad ID.

May not work. But figured it's worth a try.

4. radharenu profile image64
      radharenuposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi WryLilt
      I wish you best in your new endeavor. Now that my Hub views have dropped more than 75% since 20th July, can you please suggest some good revenue sharing 'Adsense only' sites where I can write and post more contents to boost my earning?

I still recommend your own websites, or blogger blogs.

But there are lots of rev share sites to choose from. Squidoo, Wizzley, Infobarrel, Zujava, Bubblews, etc. They all have different rules and payment methods though, so make sure you're happy with them.

2. janshares profile image91
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Thanks for that status update and wisdom, WryLilt. You're definitely one to listen to and learn from here at HP. I wish you the best as you expand and wait for things to normalize at HP. Thanks for the positive outlook about titles. You have helped me a great deal with refining my hubs.

3. ologsinquito profile image93
    ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago

Sounds like a plan, WryLit. Do you know how to create another account on HP? I am a bit worried about putting too many articles in one account, as they're all on one long page when the search engines come crawling. Writer Fox made a good point about this a few days ago.

I have about 6 accounts at last check. Or 5. I dunno. I check 'em every few months.

As far as I'm aware, any link after the first 2 lowers the Google juice value anyway, so I can't see why having a lot of links on your account page would be an issue.

4. younghopes profile image82
    younghopesposted 3 years ago

You are truly one of the person's to look upto at HP, in revenue sharing sites you mentioned about wizzley what has been your experience on it? Also have you tried seekyt? Would love to know and good luck for your future plans

5. earner profile image85
    earnerposted 3 years ago

Re: Other sites.  For me, one of the MAJOR advantages of Hubpages over all the others at the time was that if you made a boo-boo and violated terms, they unpublished your stuff and you could make amendments, learn and move on.  Many other sites just delete people's accounts and won't respond to them.

working