jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Do you have too many links?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago

When I read the guidelines for the Excellence thing, I noticed they said to remove those blue box lists of links and use only HPs groups.  Some time ago I was advised to blue box links, and had them in every hub.  Yesterday I removed ALL of them except one main link for each article and guess what happened?  My view doubled and so did my CPM.  Writer Fox was right...the number of links in an article must really count.  This may just be a fluke or happenstance...time will tell.  BUT...right now my views are right back where they were prior to the latest Panda.  What are you thoughts?

2. janshares profile image89
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Very interesting, good news. I ran into this confusion myself after EC award rolled out and attempted to fix my hubs. I was under the same impression as you were. I will have to go back and take another look. I did remove some links and grouped the hubs. Can't tell any difference yet.

TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well, views have dropped back down again today...sorry.  It was worth a try, anyhow.

1. ologsinquito profile image91
        ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi TimeTraveler2,

Yesterday was a much better day than today. I posted something about traffic coming back a bit as well, but it was premature, going by today's stats. This is so unfortunate.

I'm beginning to think this problem will never end!

1. LeanMan profile image81
            LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't forget every time you edit a hub it counts as a view on your stats!!

LeanMan:  I am well aware of that, but even though this is true, my views still increased greatly as did my CPMs.

working