jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Were many of your/our previously successful hubs identified by

1. Doodlehead profile image83
    Doodleheadposted 3 years ago

Hubpages as unsuccessful hubs due to thieves stealing YOUR REAL HUBS and real hub traffic which then caused your/our real hub traffic to decline?
    Can some of you brainiacs answer this question?

1. Writer Fox profile image75
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Paul E. had the problem on one of his Hubs:

http://   pauledmondson.hubpages.com/hub/The-Frustration-that-Comes-from-Getting-Scraped

I think many Hubbers filed DMCA requests and the site was finally removed.  I don't know if Paul ever filed one.  I don't think he said whether or not he did.

1. Doodlehead profile image83
        Doodleheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think what I resent most is having my hubs idled.   I thought I'd understood that the longer your hub was "in" Google, it would gain rank just by being there longer even if it wasn't all that great.

I'm finally breaking down and signed up for HTML so I can make my own site from scratch.   I think there's no substitute for owning your own space in any business.

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image92
          TIMETRAVELER2posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Can't thieves steal from individually owned sites as well as big content sites like this one?

1. ChristinS profile image91
            ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, they can - and do, ask me how I know - sigh. But, large sites like this are easy pickings for them with all the tons of content and numerous authors they hope won't all go after them. Also, sites like this are higher profile and of course the more visible you are, the more likely a target you are.

2. Doodlehead profile image83
            Doodleheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, but if I have my own site I will not be "idling" my own hubs.   In other words, whatever miniscule  tiny rank I have accumulated will not be lost by own idling my own hubs as is done now by HP.

2. Daughter Of Maat profile image97
    Daughter Of Maatposted 3 years ago

One of my most popular bubs that was getting 100 views or more per day was recently copied by 5 different people plus 2 scraping sites. Traffic dropped to about 10-15 views per day. I believe it's because google now thinks my work is a duplicate and is penalizing me. Content thieves do more damage than just stealing our words!

1. ChristinS profile image91
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

They sure do and the constant chasing of them gets tiresome, but keep going after them. The more we do the more it will ultimately discourage them from keeping it up - in theory anyway.

3. Huntgoddess profile image83
    Huntgoddessposted 3 years ago

I really didn't know anything about this. How can we check to see if our work has been stolen?

Thanks.

1. galleryofgrace profile image83
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Simply search for it  by title in Google or search for a small block of unique text from the hub. The search results will show who has it displayed. Hopefully it will be you.

1. Huntgoddess profile image83
        Huntgoddessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, true.

Thanks for the information.

working