jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

No more Amazon in Missouri Bummer!

1. Deanna-Balestra profile image61
    Deanna-Balestraposted 3 years ago

So I just joined and was all excited about using the amazon program and today I get an e-mail from Amazon saying that due to a law passed in my state they will no longer be letting anyone in MO participate - ugh! I hope this gets cleared up soon, I was reading up on it and sounds like it might get changed or over turned eventually - so disappointing though!

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You're certainly not alone; there is a fair sized list of such states. 

Take heart, though - there is consideration at the federal level to make such laws obsolete (Amazon is supposedly "helping" them to craft a nationwide law) and if/when it takes effect all the state laws will no longer matter.  At that point Amazon will most likely reinstate all the canceled affiliates like yourself.

Plus, you can complain to your state senator/representative.  It just might do some good - who knows?

Deanna-Balestraposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes I was just reading how other states are also getting the axe for now, ha!

2. ologsinquito profile image93
      ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Deanna-Balestra,

This is very unfortunate, but you have many options. Once you are approved for the Hub Pages ad program you can use the eBay module. Also, some of the other writing platforms, such as Zujava, do not require you to have your own Amazon account in order to earn on Amazon sales.

1. ologsinquito profile image93
        ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I forgot to mention that if you have sites of your own that many companies that sell online have their own affiliate programs. When one door closes, another always opens.

Deanna-Balestraposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh yes I know there are lots more options! I've just always liked Amazon!

working