jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (16 posts)

Wow...Two Warnings in Less Than 24 Hours

1. sabrebIade profile image85
    sabrebIadeposted 3 years ago

Well two warnings in less than 24 hours on Hubs that have been around for over 3 years each.
    Suddenly they are bad.
    Traffic still really low and so is the money.
    Don't worry HP....I got this.
    Time to move 'em elsewhere.....

1. gmwilliams profile image86
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago in reply to this

Many people are moving their old hubs to their own blog or are revamping them.

1. 59
        retief2000posted 2 years ago in reply to this

Or simply moving on or, as in my case and after careful consideration, determining that the opportunities for reward are too narrow and publish elsewhere.

2. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I have moved around 60 hubs myself.  At least they are all getting views now. smile

2. LongTimeMother profile image97
      LongTimeMotherposted 2 years ago

Hmm. I understand your disappointment but logic would state that if your traffic is low and so is your money, perhaps it might be time to reassess your hubs. Perhaps HP has done you a favour by suggesting the first two for you to work on.

Or you could just move them. If you do, please come back and tell us how they perform for you elsewhere. It will be interesting to hear if they perform well for you without any changes. Thanks, and good luck. smile

3. dwelburn profile image98
      dwelburnposted 2 years ago

Where are you moving them too? I can't find anywhere that gets better views than here. I'm only getting about 150 total views per day on 34 hubs, but I never got much at all elsewhere (Squidoo, InfoBarrel, Sirgo).

1. Dale Hyde profile image87
        Dale Hydeposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I am moving them to my blog where I have AdSense up and running as well as Amazon.  You can check out the blog from my profile page here, up there in the upper right.  I do believe it is the fifth of the six icons up there.

1. dwelburn profile image98
          dwelburnposted 2 years ago in reply to this

I had a look at your blog. It looks great. I had a health and fitness blog for three years, but it never was worthwhile so I let it go. Seems to me it's very hard to get your own blog ranked which is why I am concentrating on HP. Unless you know different?

4. dwelburn profile image98
      dwelburnposted 2 years ago

Sorry; silly typing error. Should have been where are you moving them to?

5. my_girl_sara profile image90
      my_girl_saraposted 2 years ago

I just had a violation for a video that was no longer available on my site that is over a year old. It happens...

6. jkcki profile image82
      jkckiposted 2 years ago

There are websites that allow you to actually sell articles for usage rights, such as Constant Content. Were I to have to move something from Hub Pages (I haven't had to yet, because I just started) I would probably post it on my own blog and then sell it on CC as well to maximize my revenue stream.

7. jhehe profile image93
      jheheposted 2 years ago

Never knew they would do such a thing. Perhaps give Squidoo a try. Although I have never contributed anything on Squidoo as I found that their search rankings is much lower, it could work out for you. Who knows?

8. stephanie mclain profile image79
      stephanie mclainposted 2 years ago

I just came back to HP after years of being away. I had warnings out the wazoo...all is well now though! Lots of changes while I was gone.

9. ChitrangadaSharan profile image84
      ChitrangadaSharanposted 2 years ago

May be adding some fresh related content will do good for the hubs. Or may be changing the title a little bit or adding some pictures or video will be enough. You may try before thinking of moving them elsewhere.
      Good luck!

10. Janey Hood profile image85
      Janey Hoodposted 2 years ago

What warnings did you get and how did you know you had them? I have only been here a few months and am not quite up to speed with how things work.

11. UnnamedHarald profile image95
      UnnamedHaraldposted 2 years ago

I also received a "skull" today on one of my hubs listed in the my account/statistics page, which I've never seen before. I opened it up, clicked edit and examined the warning information which pointed to the offending link (otherwise, the hub, including the link) looked fine. So I removed the sentence containing the link and republished. The edit page no longer shows the warning, but it still shows the skull on the statistics page because the automated process still needs to run and clear it.