jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

What makes some people AFRAID and FEARFUL of entering into the

1. gmwilliams profile image83
    gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago

http://s2.hubimg.com/u/8300897_f520.jpg
    discussion forums?  Do the forums have THAT type of reputation?

1. tsmog profile image85
      tsmogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hello gmwilliams. I will venture a reply. For me it is not a fear factor of entering the forums and offering a contribution as a discussion, it is that it is a discussion. I have a personal feeling if I engage in a discussion I should bear the responsibility of what I contributed. Or, keep checking back for subsequent contributions while not knowing how long is long enough. The hidden thought whatever I contribute may affect future comments, voting, accolades and etc whether good or bad can be ominous.

Oddly, leaving a discussion is allegorically to me like moving away from the conversation and heading toward the refreshment table for a drink or snack. More than likely a sneak outside for a ciggy, and whoola a social outcast label is borne. Many know that is a technique of avoidance for any sort of cause or reason - embarrassment form contributing, caught unable to back up a statement with substantiation within a flowing conversation, or countered with betterment by whomever or whatever is said. In the forums I act as I do at a social gathering.

I tend to wall flower or leave. That is my personality and a natural character trait, therefore I tend to contribute far less than I read. Bottom line I act in the forums as I do in "life" social settings - nervously and actually shy. (Until I put on my internet disguise and then there may be consequences I do not desire later for making a statement or questioning a statement. I have always been better one-on-one therefore the answer section offers more comfort for me personally.

tim

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good response, tim!

1. tsmog profile image85
          tsmogposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Said with a giggle. Be it I am a smoker, therefore have a tendency for impulse, I arrived back as I share I tend to do. Not checking emails enough probably or other stuff. Thank you for the reply and do have a great day . . . one smile at a time as best as can

tim

gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Tim, you are indeed a very pleasant person.

working