jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

Linking to YouTube Ads

1. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8264698_f520.jpg
    I have been updating my Amazon Ads and I noticed that there were several blank capsules where I had previously inserted them.   When trying to add new links I found that they would sometimes I could not load it at all.  One of them was one of my own videos on YouTube.    Is anyone else having problems with linking to YouTube videos - even if they are their own?

1. The Examiner-1 profile image83
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I right click my mouse (over the video) and click on 'copy video URL' and place it in the video box (in the video capsule). I may see blank until I click on 'Preview Video'.
      I think the part of your question which is confusing everyone is about the Amazon Ads.

2. sallybea profile image97
    sallybeaposted 3 years ago

Sorry, that was a bit garbled, the blank spaces I found were Youtube Capsules and not Amazon Ads

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi sallybea,

If I'm understanding you correctly, you attempted to use the video capsule and insert a YouTube video by using the URL for the video, but the video is not loading in your Hub, is that right?

sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HI Christy, yes it happened several times before I was able to do see the link featured on my Hubs.    I did wonder if it was because I might need to be a subscriber of that particular video would show on my Hub!    Also on r-visiting some of my hubs I noticed that some of the videos from YouTube links which I had previously had displayed on my Hubs were no longer showing on them -  there were blank spaces there instead.  I expect it is likely that the videos are just longer featured on youtube though I am not certain this is the case.  One of my own videos from youtube was also not being displayed on one of my own Hubs,   I did find this strange,  A reader kindly told me that it was no longer linked to youtube.   There was just a blank space.   Thanks.  Sally

Hi Sally,

You are correct in assuming that videos will not show up when they're no longer displayed on YouTube. Videos will also no longer show up if the owner of the video has disabled linking.

However, it should not be a problem if you're linking to your own YouTube video. Could you post the Hub you're having this problem with, as well as the link to the video you want to include?

sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Christy, I appear to have managed to solve the problem for now,  It did take sometime for me to get the links to upload but I will let you know if the problem re-occurs.  Thank you, I appreciate your assistance.  Sally

Glad to hear it! Do let us know if it happens again. smile

working