jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

Site copying food and recipes of Hubpages

1. radhikasree profile image70
    radhikasreeposted 3 years ago

Just found one site that has stolen a lot of hubs on food and recipes from Hubpages. The site is
    http://food.howmanycaloriesinanapple.com/

As I was filing DMCA against healthylivingbox, I found this. My traffic has dropped by 50% due to this popular "copies".

2. Silva Hayes profile image93
    Silva Hayesposted 3 years ago

I went there and looked.  I don't understand what they get out of it - I didn't see any ads.  Can anyone enlighten me?  Sorry this happened to you; seems it's happening to everyone here.  I've spent so much time lately working on all my hubs, changing the number of Amazon and eBay capsules, moving text into more than one capsule, etc., that I just don't want to spend any more time filing DMCA complaints for all my copied content.  It's frustrating!

3. Writer Fox profile image80
    Writer Foxposted 3 years ago

Find your Hub title on the index on the right.

Send DMCA requests to the host at:
    e-mail: copyright@amazon.com

The owner of the site is listed as:
    Deborah Humphrey
    Address: 710 Cabell Dr Bowling Green, KY, USA
    Phone: (270) 695-2675
    Zip Code: 42101

She has a criminal record in Kentucky.

The few Hubs I checked were no longer found on Google search by searching for exact text matches.

1. earner profile image86
      earnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I noticed no posts since May ... maybe she's back inside.

For my "bit of fun" as I couldn't search the site, I went to google and pasted the domain url into the search box, followed by the phrase: are recipe stealing c*nts

Once the search results loaded, the site was on the front page - so I clicked through .... having some small amount of joy that if anybody ever read their traffic logs they'll see that and spit smile

2. Muttface profile image89
      Muttfaceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Writer Fox - I think I saw a Snow Poem written by you on the healthyliving.net site.

1. Writer Fox profile image80
        Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great.  Thanks, I'll go look.

2. Writer Fox profile image80

As soon as I filed the DMCA and got the autoresponse from the host, the site was removed.  I doubt that it was removed that quickly from my request, but it appears to be off-line now.

3. radhikasree profile image70
      radhikasreeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sending DMCA requests to the host for removing those copied crap in some sites didn't work for me. They're not removing it. I had to file the same with google.

That blog has copied over a 100 recipe Hubs.  It's hosted by Amazon and that is a reputable host which will remove the site if someone with a stolen Hub sends a DMCA notice to the correct reporting address.

1. radhikasree profile image70
          radhikasreeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Then, surely  I'll file a DMCA with them. Yesterday I filed a DMCA for one of my copied hubs in the site fanbox.com. That guy changed the URL of that post smelling something wrong and today it's appearing in a different URL.

I'm fed up of this unethical activity going on these days. Traffic is lost and major time is spent for checking our content for copies and for filing DMCA. Writers don't have time to write new content, instead they're engaged in filing DMCAs. Can't Hubpages do something to protect its writers? This is really frustrating.

I know it's frustrating to keep sending DMCA notices.  It's frustrating for me, too.  I've never seen such massive plagiarism of website content to this extent.  Perhaps too many people view the content here as a free article directory site like EzineArticles.

When you file about your recipe(s), send the DMCA to:

e-mail: copyright@amazon.com

working