jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (5 posts)

copywrite notice

1. mary615 profile image92
    mary615posted 3 years ago

I have removed the Copyscape notice from my Hubs.  Now I cannot find the one that HP will use.  I have looked for "display" (as someone suggested) and I can't find that.  Help, please.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

There used to be one below the ads.  Now it is gone and their is only the one in the bottom banner to "respective owners".

It is very tiresome changing dozens of hubs only to have things change and have to change them all back.  Having a simple (c) and the authors names is not that much to ask for--or having the style freedom to add one without accruing demerits.  It's just one or two words and a symbol after all.

Dear Hubpages: Can we perhaps focus on the big picture instead of mandating every little detail?

mary615posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks. I'll look under "respective owners".  I really don't think having your work copywrited keeps others from stealing your Hubs.  I get a little weary of all these changes, too......

1. wilderness profile image96
          wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nope, not there.

In the edit hub screen, look to the right, under all the capsules that can be added.  Click "display options" and adjust the "copyright" option.  As far as I know, you will have to edit each and every hub to get it to show.

mary615posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, wilderness.  I'll do that.  So far I have been unable to find it.  I clicked on "copywrite" at the bottom of the Hub and they do into detail as to what to do if your work is copied (which is good).
            If some low-life is going to copy your work, I think they will no matter if they see it is copywrited.  I read one that had been copied verbatim and it showed the photo credits as the Hubber's name !  I am constantly amazed at how these people can copy a Hub and even include the Hubber's photos!  That is such an invasion.