jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

why did our hub score dropped so quick on august 8th?

1. bubiinnovation profile image82
    bubiinnovationposted 3 years ago

During the earning freeze between aug 8th - 11th, my hub profile score dropped instantly from 80 something to 57. Some people mentioned google was punishing hubpages for something?

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Scores have nothing to do with Google.

It's likely your score dropped due to low quality content.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi bubiinnovation,

We changed the way Hubber Score is calculated so that it more closely reflects the quality of all a Hubber's Featured Hubs. You can read about it in the Blog post here: http://blog.hubpages.com/2013/08/summer … bpages-hq/

1. Misfit Chick profile image94
        Misfit Chickposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just read about the changes Hubpages is making from this link and I couldn't be happier. I was beginning to become a little disheartened to see that so many low-quality Hubs seemed to be doing so much better than high-quality Hubs. It just didn't make sense because some of these articles are really bad, and that seems to reflect on Hubpages - and how people see it's writers - as a whole. Maybe our reputation will improve out in Internetland and peeps will view our collective articles as having content worth reading. I also think the '85; score for follow-links to be fair. It allows for the article to not necessarily be perfect for learning amateur writers and inspires writers to go above and beyond what they normally would, maybe. THANKS, I look forward to these improvements and more to come. smile

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your kind words and support, Misfit Chick! We certainly hope that will be the outcome. We want to do our best to reward and support good Hubbers who write high-quality Hubs rather than just putting all our efforts into fighting spam and low-quality Hubs. smile

2. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Scores have a lot to do with traffic, which has a lot to do with Google

1. WryLilt profile image87
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

How???

3. profile image0
    How to hubsposted 3 years ago

My first hub got an score of 78. Is it fine or a little less?

working