jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Editor's Choice - traffic quadrupled

1. theraggededge profile image94
    theraggededgeposted 3 years ago

Since the EC landed on my hubs, I have seen a vast improvement in my traffic. I was hit hard back last Sept/Oct and traffic didn't recover, even when others were reporting increases, mine just doddled along. Now, however, it is rising fast and already exceeded what it was last summer.

I thought I'd post this, as there are several threads saying that it hasn't helped. I am sure there must be more hubbers like me who are benefiting from EC. Thank you, HP. xx

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Awesome! 12 views instead of 3? Well done you!

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Nice one. Though thankfully, it is a little more than that smile

2. MyFunHealthyLife profile image88
        MyFunHealthyLifeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Mark, you will ever remain as hilarious to me. Thanks, always for the laughs. (Daniel C.)

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

As someone apparently not deemed worthy of EC, I have a mixed reaction to the news either way.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

We've only just begun choosing EC Hubs, psycheskinner. We have many, many more Hubs in the queue to be reviewed, so just because your Hubs haven't been chosen yet doesn't mean they won't be. smile

3. TheKatsMeow profile image87
    TheKatsMeowposted 3 years ago

That's great news theraggededge! I haven't seen a change in traffic yet with my hubs that were selected for editor's choice, but I will be paying close attention to them in the coming days and weeks smile

4. MyFunHealthyLife profile image88
    MyFunHealthyLifeposted 3 years ago

I started writing here in 2009 under a different name. One of my articles was picked up by Associated Press and syndicated across the US in all major newspapers. Other articles were also award winners. Panda updates have pretty much killed a lot of things for good hubbers, and even though I've had a few accolades here and there, both my accounts are suffering. Editor's Choice must be as flighty as a lot of other things at hubpages, inasmuch as there are probably millions of articles to get through for consideration, even bots probably won't pick up great articles for a while. I'm glad that HP staff are aggressive in their approach to keeping HP viable for writers despite Panda slaps, but really, with such ├╝ber-god in force, there isn't a whole lot that lightening bolts from a demi-god like Panda/Google aimed at the likes of us can do. The new color is Oz is yellow. Ahh, but wait, it's going to change suddenly any time now.

working