jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Hubscore puzzle

1. innerspin profile image88
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

I know, I know, we're told not to get hung up on numbers. After dodging the bullet for a while, four of my hubs unfeatured at the same time for lack of engagement. I left them as they were, I was busy. So why have some of them gone up in score? One in particular is way higher than it has been. This really is a confusing place!

1. LeanMan profile image81
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I have been having a look and it makes little sense to me. I tried to update some hubs to get rid of style warnings so removed or edited Amazon capsules and even added extra text blocks and pictures to make the hubs better. The end result a few rose in score by a couple of points and some fell. But one that had been scoring mid 80's fell to just 71... I undid the changes and put it back as close as I could to where it had been but it only recovered to mid 70's; this is one of my better trafficked hubs so Google likes it; just a pity about HP..

2. The Examiner-1 profile image84
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Well if you take the root of 'x' and multiply it by 3 and then square it...LOL
      I think that it just has to do with the amount of views, comments, followers, answers, etc. All of it has its place and all we can do is try to improve the Hubs, our writing, spelling and grammar use better keywords, and so on.

2. rfmoran profile image92
    rfmoranposted 3 years ago

For a long time I've questioned whether these scores mean anything at all. We are told that they are the result of an HP algorithm, but they seldom make any sense. I too have updated hubs, changing minor errors and adding capsules, only to see a score go down. Then I have seen scores go up for no apparent reason. Could it be that they go up and down in a random fashion to keep us engaged, writing forum posts like this one. I think it's a game, a silly one.