jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Earnings from Traffic Referral without Adsense Account

1. 61
    Lloyd Pintoposted 7 years ago

I havent yet setup my adsense account, since i am still working on my initial hub. In the meanwhile however i am referring traffic to a tag page on hubpages through one of my other webpages. Can i start earning without having any adsense account? Where do i check my earnings from the traffic referrals?

2. WHoArtNow profile image86
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

The traffic refferal only works if you have a google account, because you take a share of the adsense earnings from that refferal.

If I was you I'd apply to adsense asap because some pople get turned down. Just make sure your first hub isn't on something that Google may think is something "bad".

Try writing about fluffy bunnies or something...

1. 61
      Lloyd Pintoposted 7 years ago in reply to this

a question here... i had applied to adsense earlier for one of my blogs, but since it didnt have sufficient posts/content etc i got turned down earlier. will this be a problem if i want to apply via hubpages?

1. guidebaba profile image61
        guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Try to do some work before DREAMING of making any money online. You look like a Day-Dreamer.

2. darkside profile image84
      darksideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What WHoArtNow said.

The way referral earnings work is you get around 10% of the page views. If you've got no Adsense account, you have nothing to display (so it'd default to HubPages), so therefore no earnings.

1. bgpappa profile image86
        bgpappaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

And once you get an account, it takes a while to earn anything.

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Lloyd, the fact that you have zero hubs published is going to be a problem.  Take it as a given that Google will turn you down if you apply via HubPages with your account as it presently exists.

It's recommended that you build a good pool of Hubs and have them up and running for six months before you try applying to AdSense.