jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon Capsules

1. Jean Bakula profile image98
    Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago

I am trying my best to comply with this ridiculous request, that we have only one product on each Amazon capsule, even though they are supposed to make money for us. So when I get to a hub where I already did correct this, I resent that blue "TIP" telling me to do it, when I already did.

I write hubs about certain famous people who have something in common. I have put ONE AMAZON CAPSULE next to each person, with ONE item in it. Since they are different people, it would serve no purpose for me to put a book or CD next to the wrong person. That's as far as I can comply with this considering the nature of what I wrote.

I fail to see what this will achieve, and am only working on a few at a time, as it eats too much into my writing time.

Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It's me again. Now I actually have another "TIP" that one of my subtitles is in all caps.

Do you really think nit picking about well performing hubs will make more money for this site? I'm so disgusted, and if I see one more idiotic suggestion I'm pulling all my work off here.

2. bac2basics profile image89
      bac2basicsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Jean.
      I hear what you are saying and agree with you. I see I have lots of TIPS relating to my Amazon capsules too and recently had my top scoring hub unpublished because of so called unrelated products, but nothing was unrelated in my opinion, everything I was promoting was mentioned in the hub. However I did take some products off and now it´s been republished, but as for the rest which I have been give TIPS about I am leaving well alone. Like you I don´t have the time or patience to make the suggested changes and chances are before much longer we will be back to the old ways anyway, where we were allowed to put on anything that may be considered useful in relation to what we wrote about. I have written quite a few holiday travel guides and have a selection of products that one would use on holiday but are not mentioned in the actual text but which I feel are relevant never the less, such as hiking boots and wet weather gear when visiting Yorkshire. maybe I will get round someday to taking them off, but I´m not planning on it anytime soon.
      All these never ending changes do get up your nose and although HP suggest them for our own good, so we are told, who the hell has time to keep updating when more and more changes are taking place on what seems like a monthly basis. It does make you want to throw in the towel and looking at my list of the people I follow who no longer write, it appears that most of them have.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If you only have one Amazon product in your capsule, but it allows for 3, the system will read it as 3 products.  You have to change the 3 to a 1, and then that style tip will go away.

Jean Bakulaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I know that if I change the capsule to 1, the other stuff will go away. In a perfect world, the best item would be in the first slot. But if I've written a hub about, say, five singers, I can only put one capsule by each with 1 item in it. Each would be a different person. I have a lot of hubs like that. And now I'm not sure if that's OK either. Thanks though.

The subtitle in all caps was one of my first hubs, when I did the whole thing in one capsule. I just added subtitles without changing the whole hub. I don't have time to fix all this little stuff, because I've continued to write on here, and write on another site and my blog. So I'm fixing them little by little. But if I don't come on HP for a week, it's always something else!

2. Astra Nomik profile image72
    Astra Nomikposted 3 years ago

Amazon products are going to look different and some ads will actually appear bigger in some hubs depending on certain factors. Your Amazon ads will probably be a slight bit more prominent. I always felt the old ads were just too small.