jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (8 posts)

Bukisa Earnings

1. ThriftyBoomer profile image60
    ThriftyBoomerposted 3 years ago

I haven't published anything on Bukisa in more than a year but I usually earn a few cents every month. When I noticed they haven't shown up lately in Adsense, I signed in to check my earnings. This is the message they posted:

"So sorry to say, but Google Adsense is temporarily disabled due change in their policy. We are in constant contact with their team regarding this issue."

Can someone tell me what happened? Now that I am finally able to write full-time, everything seems to be falling apart on the different writing sites.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I took all my stuff off their site as I couldn't even make my Adsense work with them!

ThriftyBoomerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I published cooking articles and recipes there, but I guess I'll move them somewhere.

I put 4 articles on Wikinut to test their waters, and have 6,700 views without any promotion, but only 21 pennies in earnings.

The company where I earned a traditional pension decided to do away with them and give a one-time cash payout at age 65. The taxes will eat it to nothing, so I am trying to build up a sideline without the cash outlay required of a personal website.

I have about 30 websites. Costs around $12/year for a domain and about $7-10/month for hosting ALL my sites. As long as they are making back the few dollars a month, you're in the clear.

Would you mind telling me where you host them? I would love to do niche sites as I'm interested in completely different things, such as collecting vintage cookbooks and indoor fruit & veggie gardening.

2. ThriftyBoomer profile image60

Also, did you have to pay a full year's hosting upfront? I couldn't do anything like that. I'm looking for a monthly plan.

I use Hostgator. They let you pay monthly, or however you want. They have 24/7 live chat support too.

I use Namecheap for domains.

Thanks, WryLilt.

working