jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Follow up to my forum of three months ago about negativity.

1. 0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

Three months ago I started what bacame a long winded and heated at times discussion about negativity in the forums and feed. LOL what a result. The overwhelming issues present were, one, the use of the auto score for hubs. And two the results of Googles HP face slap.
    While we can not deny that HP has slumped worse than quasi modo at the end of his time, I still feel that many of us have hope. Call it whimsical love for HP. But I realy feel that we are sticking out what may realy be a sinking ship.
    I want to re open the discussion again with the question of why do you think were all feeling realy negative?
    I once again look forward to the stick person diagrams, the battles for who can be angryer, the rude comments, the off track remarks, the use of aster**ks and all of the fun that comes with this.
    So go ahead, have at it.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm feeling VERY positive at the moment. I'm changing the way I write and monetise online, and I still see using Hubpages as ONE of my methods of doing that as a great plan.

Most oldies are aware of how traffic works - Google changes happen, seasonal traffic happens etc etc.

Don't keep all your eggs in one basket. Write on lots of sites (especially your own), don't have any one site, or monetisation method, or topic as your "main one".

Don't think small. Think big. Then it all averages out to good traffic as one sinks and one rises smile

1. ologsinquito profile image94
        ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Great advice.

2. ChristinS profile image93
        ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

+1 got nothing to add to this smile

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

Some of the newbies are doing well, so it is not all doom and gloom.

If you are feeling the need for a little boost here, start a new sub and go for a few quick-hit, popularity-assured, pages.