jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Deleted a text capsule

1. DwightMann profile image60
    DwightMannposted 3 years ago

Deleted a text capsule, of over 1000 words, and there is no way of getting it to reappear.  Control Z does not work.  does hub have any record of what I accidentally deleted.  Help. . .

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Dwight
      If you do not see the text in your saved Hub, then it is likely it was saved after you removed the capsule.
      Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover deleted capsules.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

If the hub was previously published, find the google cache of the hub and copy it from there.

3. DwightMann profile image60

Thanks guys,
    It is an 1100 word piece of toast now. . .
    I was just hoping that there was a way to salvage it. . .

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear it.
      I know this doesn't help you right now, but going forward you may want to save any text locally as a backup.
      Many times I work locally in a plain text editor like Notepad++ before moving text content to capsules.

4. DwightMann profile image60

Good idea, but I am just starting, and so busy, I sometimes just dont take enough precautions like that.  It will never happen to me. . .
    But it did!
    Cheers

5. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
    AMAZING THINKERposted 3 years ago

Everything happens for a reason. Learn from your mistakes-- In the future copy your content to word or notepad.
    Contact hubpages staff. Send them an email and tell your situation.
    Good Luck!

1. 2uesday profile image89
      2uesdayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This has been answered Mathew Meyer who is one of HubPages staff, you can tell staff posts by the difference in the color of their comment.

Sorry, it is a lot of work and  text to lose. it is good advice to write it elsewhere as suggested and then add it here. If you use more text capsules and break the text down into them when writing it may help if you have to edit, now or in the future.

working