Hubpage gone from Google

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (17 posts)
  1. Free Gamers profile image63
    Free Gamersposted 10 years ago

I have another account on hubpages that contains an article that was on page three for its keywords. A few days later it jumped to the top of page two. The next day, gone. I can find it by typing in the exact title, but nowhere to be seen for the keywords it was doing so well for. I've not edited the hub, nor built any backlinks for it.

I don't get how or why it can just disappear like that. Any ideas?

1. galleryofgrace profile image72
      galleryofgraceposted 10 years agoin reply to this

If you can find it by title but not otherwise it is probably  no longer a featured article.

Free Gamersposted 10 years agoin reply to this

It's still featured. It was featured the day it was published and hasn't changed status. Ever. Like I said, it was climbing in Google search for its keywords. Page three to the very top of page two within a few days, then it disappeared altogether.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
          MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Sandbox?

What reason would it be sandboxed. It's original content. I took care to research and write it correctly. I put it through grammarly and copyscape to make sure it was 100% original.

It hasn't been altered in over 4 weeks. About a week ago it climbed to page three. Then a few days later to the top of page two. Yesterday it vanished from the search engines. It's still indexed under the title, but not for any keyword it was ranking so well for.

I've never had nor ever will have an article sandboxed. Unless someone decides to damage that article by doing naughty things with it, which are out of my control.

It even climbed from position 102 to 98 in the hubpage category it was written under the day before it disappeared from Google.

1. MelissaBarrett profile image59
              MelissaBarrettposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I had a sandbox about 9 months or so ago and all my content is original and fairly-well written.

It happens, we have no control over it, there is no rhyme or reason.

My sandbox lasted about 6 weeks.  Good luck.

2. Theverge profile image41
      Thevergeposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Google Panda can be the reason behind your lost ranking. About 4 different versions of Google panda have been released since Fabruary, bigger sites like ehow and Hubpages have got badly affected. Rank drop is natural and you probably should wait for a week or two and see if the keywords play any part and bring your subdomain back to 3rd or 2nd page of Search results.

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/8333146_f248.jpg

I hope it does show again. It feels extremely harsh given the hub is unique and informative. But like you mentioned, the recent updates have had a terrible impact on these types of sites.

It just demoralizes you to the point you want to give up and move on.

2. chef-de-jour profile image97
    chef-de-jourposted 10 years ago

Sorry to hear about your lost hub. It's so damn frustrating when things like this happen out of the blue especially if you're doing all you can to write original content. But that's online writing for you.

I'm a novice when it comes to technicalities and technojargon, despite some time on HP!! What is a sandbox exactly? Some place that hides your hubs?

You could write a question to webmasters or search the forums on Google webmasters or other forums....sometimes you can get specific information.

Presumably, there is no malware involved? You haven't been doing odd things to your account inadvertently?

Who knows the games people can play online? I hope your hub returns soon, I've had similar experiences here and it's not easy to get an answer.

Getting an article or site sandboxed is when Google take it off search results altogether.

I've all my articles registered in webmaster tools and analytics. According to the stats on those, my article is showing in position 22 (page 2), yet it's doing a very good job of hiding because I can't see it.

No malware, nothing! I don't even promote them anywhere. I just rely on SEO and internal links from related hubbers hubs.

I hope it comes back too. I'm thinking about just starting a blogger blog or wordpress because this place is extremely volatile when it comes to trying to rank in search engines. I wonder how long it's going to take hubpages to even begin to recover from all the recent updates. Traffic stats look pretty dire atm.

3. creativegenius profile image72
    creativegeniusposted 10 years ago

I've been tracking my Hubs in Google and Bing every day for about a year now with an automated program. In my case none of my Hubs have dipped in rankings; they have consistently stayed high, even with Google's Panda releases. Indeed, other sites have not done so well. In fact, my Squidoo Lenses permanently dipped after Google's last release and Squidoo's major overhaul of its SEO guidelines and layout.

4. Theverge profile image41
    Thevergeposted 10 years ago

Seems like you are the luckiest guy on this forum..Its good to see someone cares for bing searches too. Everybody is just going crazy about Google Ranking.

1. psycheskinner profile image82
      psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I don't know about your but every website I have gets a lot more traffic from Google than anywhere else, and it is the traffic that pays out the best per unique.

5. Theverge profile image41
    Thevergeposted 10 years ago

Well, I know Google based traffic is the best but 80% of all searches are made through google...rest 20% should also be taken into consideration, right?

6. creativegenius profile image72
    creativegeniusposted 10 years ago

I agree. I get 85%+ of my web traffic from Google; the other search engines are nearly insignificant, even Bing.

7. internpete profile image87
    internpeteposted 10 years ago

I noticed a bit of a shake up in rankings this last week, although things appear to be returning to normal. Not sure if it was another Google update. My traffic on hubpages is slightly up yesterday and today, and my niche blogs are mostly steady, although one was on a bit of a roller coaster ride this last week. I would give it some time, perhaps see if there is any adjusting you can do to make it better, and then just wait and see what happens. You might be on first page tomorrow, no one knows!

You should be using Google Webmaster Tools, and if you are, you can tell from that exactly where you are ranking for keywords for your hubs in google searches.

Google Analytics may also help provide information.

Google webmaster tools does show the hub to be in position 22 (page 2, second spot). That's the position I seen it in before it disappeared a day later.
      I've checked through the analytics and webmaster tools. There's nothing to suggest anything is wrong with any of my hubs.

Google feels like a bully; One who grabs you by the back of the collar and pulls you back when you're running past him, minding your own business. "Where do you think you're going? (then kicks you) dweeb"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)