jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (4 posts)

A Hub Idea that May Appear Overly Promotional or Ad Spammy

1. 0
    Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago

I had an idea recently to make a Hub about every single book I've read.  I would have a picture of the book, my thoughts on it, and perhaps an introduction.  I figured that I could have the Amazon Ad Capsule with it.

I have read at least 60 books that I would want to mention in the article.  I feel that it may both be too long and too ad spammy.  I could break it up into different hubs, but I feel like it would still appear to be over promotional.  What do you guys think?

Ben Blackwell

1. psycheskinner profile image81
      psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I would suggest one or a few books per hub.  otherwise the hub will be so slow loading people will never see it!

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Ben,

This sounds like a solid idea for a Hub! So long as you're adding substantial unique information (i.e. your personal thoughts on the books) and your Hub is not written exclusively to sell those books rather than inform the reader, you should be fine.

Also, if you group the books into several Hubs, you may want to consider ordering them by genre. Doing so will allow you to target fans of specific types of books (such as literature lovers, sci-fi fans, mystery readers, romance addicts, etc) and appeal to their interests.

1. 0
        Ben Blackwellposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Cool.  Thanks.  I'll probably start this in a few weeks.