jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Stop spamming - help by not replying to any spam posts

1. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

Flag the profile when it gets this bad.... pages of it at last look one and half pages by same spammer.

2. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

I am amazed Hubpages has not thought of selecting site moderators from people based in different places around the world. That way, someone would always be available to deal with this. Instead, we have to wait for the US moderators to wake up!

1. Will Apse profile image90
      Will Apseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

But then you would have one less excuse for pouring scorn on their heads.

1. WriteAngled profile image93
        WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

So what is negative about making a blindingly obvious point?

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
          PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think Will is implying that you will find a way to be negative no matter what HP do - which is not an outlandish assertion, in my experience.

1. psycheskinner profile image79
            psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And what better way to suggest people are being unreasonably negative, than to follow them around and post nasty and rather insulting one-liners.

2. WriteAngled profile image93
            WriteAngledposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I follow the strange practice of being negative about negative things and positive about positive things. Either way, I am not afraid to speak my mind and challenge unfairness, illogicality and incompetence, regardless of whether the prevailing opinion is with me or against me on any given issue. This is one of the little luxuries I have enjoyed since I stopped being dependent on any single organisation for my living.

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image90
              PaulGoodman67posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hey, I didn't realise that I was being controversial, I thought I was making a "blindingly obvious point".  smile

3. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

Well in one way it worked as the posts came to an end but they are still here and so is the profile. That amount of spam cannot be good for the site. Maybe there was some celebrations about something, somewhere, what about I do not know.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

I dare you to say something good about HP and/or the staff, lol.

5. WriteAngled profile image93
    WriteAngledposted 3 years ago

When I find something good to say....

working