jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

Coming back after a two year break with a question

1. webdesignsbyapw profile image80
    webdesignsbyapwposted 3 years ago

Alright, so I am coming back from a two year break and have been reading up on Hubpages.

I have about 86 hubs and 55 of those hubs are still around. As you can see, I have a lot of work to do!

I'm going to try and fix all of the hubs but one thing I noticed is that my Hubpage earnings shows $0.Are these connected to Adsense or is this something different?

My Google account requires me to update my payment method again (waiting for them to deposit change for verification) and then it will be ready to start earning.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi webdesignsbyapw,

Welcome back! smile

relache is correct in her comment about AdSense and HubPages Ads. You can indeed have both programs running at once, though you need an AdSense ID for both.

From what you described, it sounds like you may not have added your AdSense ID to HubPages yet. You can find instructions for doing so here: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/signup-AdSense

Once your AdSense ID has been added, you can sign up for HP Ads if you choose to do so: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/hubp … d_22671486

2. The Examiner-1 profile image82
      The Examiner-1posted 3 years ago in reply to this

AdSense is recently asking for a time zone update. Perhaps you should check and see if their are any other updates such as that after two years.

2. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

The Hubpages Earning Program (Hubads) is an alternative to Adsense.

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 3 years ago in reply to this

No it isn't.  The HubPages Earning Program incorporates AdSense, which is why you must have a functioning AdSense account in order to participate.

No AdSense = No HubPages Earning Program

The definition of "alternative" is "a choice between two mutually exclusive possibilities."  The only alternative for earning without AdSense on this site is the Amazon affiliate program.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes you still have one tiny Adsense ad which for me earns a cent or so per month which I did not bother mentioning.  But basically you choose mostly Hubads or all Adsense. Those are the alternatives.

3. webdesignsbyapw profile image80
    webdesignsbyapwposted 3 years ago

Thanks everyone. I understand now. Boy, a lot has changed...

Anyways, my question has been answered. Just need to wait for Adsense verification smile

working