jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (11 posts)

I finally reached payout

1. innerspin profile image87
    innerspinposted 3 years ago

The headline says it all. Traffic and earnings have been slowing down, hubs are being culled, but I've finally hit the Magic Number. (I unwittingly failed to sign up for the ad programme at the start, joined last September.) Of course I won't see any money till the end of the following month, but at least it's in the pipeline. Hoo flippin' ray.

Meanwhile, less than six weeks on Bubblews, I have $75 in my hot little hands, and counting.

HP has been a great place to begin online writing and I sincerely thank the many helpful people here. I won't be packing in, but unfortunately, money talks. I so wish hubs could do the business, then I'd be adding more. Think I joined at exactly the wrong time. Go me.

1. Millionaire Tips profile image90
      Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on your payout.  I am not sure what you are posting on the other site as compared to what you are posting here, but one thing that has been pointed out to me is that if your views are coming from search engines, then they will continue to come in over time, even when you are busy doing other things.  If your views are coming in from social networking, then they will stop as soon as you stop.  There is a breakeven point on which one is a better use of your time, although at this point, I am not yet sure which one is a better use of my time.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
        Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

This is a big question.  I don't know either.  Bloggers keep on blogging.  And writers mostly keep on writing.  So the endless effort on Bubblews may be similar to that of normal online writers anyway.

I think, but don't know again yet, that it is possible to grow a readership on Bubblews similar perhaps to a blog, but much quicker.  That increases the value of a post to a point where it may become very worthwhile.

Once you stop - kaboom - all gone.  But I don't see many retired writers just raking in the money.

1. Mark Ewbie profile image83
          Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Oh and sad lol.  I just noticed 2 and 1/2 days Bubblews income = my whole month on HP.  Now OK - I have put zero effort into HP - but that is the motivation QAP gives me.

2. innerspin profile image87
        innerspinposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks, Millionaire Tips. I'm doing a mix of things on Bubblews, some evergreen topics that may get picked up by search engines and some personal observations - not "I got up and had breakfast before mowing the dog," which certainly are there.

I'm not trying to promote Bubblews over HP as this site has been a great benefit in many ways, it's not always about money. That said, it's nice to know I can pull in a few bucks. It gives an incentive to keep writing. Maybe I'll put more hubs together if things pick up, I'd love that to happen.

2. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

Congrats, innerspin, on reaching the the magic number. It is a good feeling but better when you see it your account or can count it in your hand. Nice, about your Bubblews payout, very cool. I do understand your position regarding getting paid.
    Regarding joining HP at "the exact wrong time, we joined around the same time but I see it differently. We joined at a time to learn and recover from the difficult side of this online writing thing. I could never have learned what to do to fix hubs, make them more searchable, and how to market better, if all this Google/Panda/revised QAP stuff didn't happen when it did. Things are beginning to improve as we approach the end of summer. So yeah, wrong time or right time, depends on each person's perspective.

3. lifelovemystery profile image87
    lifelovemysteryposted 3 years ago via iphone

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Congratulations on receiving your first payout.  I did this week too so perhaps things are taking a turn for the better.  May this be the first of many.payouts.

Thanks, good to hear your news too, sallybea.

4. 0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Well done Kim.
    I've only been here 2.5 years and still a long way from pay out day with my pitiful 39+ $.
    But as I am still here you can see I'm not here for the money, and I must admit with all the changes on HP I wonder at times why I'm still here.
    Anyway a big congratulation on getting something out of if it, for all your hard work.

Thanks Ghaelach. I've not done much here for a while apart from pop in to read things, been a bit demoralized. You're not a million miles away from the big 5-0, I'm sure you'll get there.