jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (10 posts)

What is wrong with this hub?

1. christopheranton profile image78
    christopherantonposted 3 years ago

Could someone please tell me why the linked hub is not considered worthy of being featured?
    http://christopheranton.hubpages.com/hu … liant-book
    I am beginning to feel very insulted by the way HubPages operate. Am I right to?

1. Nell Rose profile image91
      Nell Roseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry, I have lots that don't get featured, then I change something, add a picture and so on then it comes back. Just read it by the way!

2. galleryofgrace profile image83
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Looks to me like nothing but an advertisement and there are no paragraph breaks. That makes it hard to read. The links look crazy too.

3. Doodlehead profile image82
      Doodleheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am taking beginning website development.   The first thing they taught us is the value of "white space".   

Online readers do not read the same ways as when people read books.   Onliners sort of skim pages in bite size nuggets.

Your page is hard to read as the text is all one big mass.    Content aside.

Throw a few line breaks  in there and maybe a relevant pic or something.   A lot of it is making it easier for the eye to interpret so your text message can sink into someone's brain.

If you could get some "color" on the page that would be nice too.

1. christopheranton profile image78
        christopherantonposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Those are useful suggestions, which I shall probably adopt. Thanks.

2. WryLilt profile image86
    WryLiltposted 3 years ago

Sheesh! Sorry but NO WONDER it's not featured.

->Image is pixelated. Use a bigger image.
    ->Remove those links. Or at least hyperlink a word like Click here. OR use an Amazon capsule so it displays pictures, as it's designed to do. BTW, you don't even have an affiliate code in your links, so you wouldn't be making money off them anyway!
    ->Break up the text with separate text boxes and subtitles. Online users have a short attention span, so make it easy to scan!
    ->Redo your title. Your title needs to match what people will Google. No one will be Googling half those words when searching for a new book.
    ->Keep the content tight, on topic and less personal. You lost me in the first few sentences, comparing the book to dinner. Or something...

1. Nitin Pillai profile image60
      Nitin Pillaiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I never knew pixelated images prevent a hub from being featured. Thanks a ton WryLilt.

3. relache profile image84
    relacheposted 3 years ago

Having content that is published on Amazon (which is about half the Hub) is "duplicated" content, and I'm surprised the Hub hasn't been unpublished.

1. WryLilt profile image86
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

o.O Didn't even notice that. Didn't bother to read the hub past the first  sentences though...

1. Nitin Pillai profile image60
        Nitin Pillaiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

christopheranton , your hub contains duplicate content( the text in your hub written in italics),  www. amazon.co.uk/Me-Gus-Roof-World-ebook/dp/B00DUVHAZ4

working