jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (10 posts)

Do Edited Hubs Go Back Through QAP?

1. agilitymach profile image98
    agilitymachposted 3 years ago

I just reworked one of my first hubs.  It was quite poorly written.  I hadn't written in a while when I started here, and my first hubs were filled with poor grammar, stilted writing and boring media.  The rust, I hope, has worn off of my writing skills now. smile

Do heavily edited hubs go back through QAP?  If not, is there a way we can "force" our hubs back through QAP?  This hub is featured, but it would earn a higher QAP score now.

1. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Don't worry about QAP scores they change all of the time, and I think they are just internal to HP. Readership seems to push them up, add a video and that will help too.  Any time you work on a hub it gets some new interest.  JMHO lol

agilitymachposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I was a bit appalled at how poorly written this one was.  It's amazing how rusty a writer can get!!  Whew. smile  I'll be posting this one to my Facebook Fan Page tomorrow, and hopefully it will get a nice social media bump.  Thanks!!

2. Marisa Wright profile image94
        Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

QAP scores are invisible to Hubbers, they're how the assessors grade the Hubs but they're not published.  So there is definitely no point in worrying about them!

HubScores are not QAP scores, they're produced by a separate algorithm.

2. Marisa Wright profile image94

If you want to "force" a Hub back through the QAP, all you have to do is edit it. 

However, don't imagine that's going to improve your HubScore.  HubScore isn't assigned by the QAP process. 

Also bear in mind that if a Hub goes back through QAP, there's always a chance an assessor will mark it down and it will become unFeatured.

Thank you, Marisa.  It's being "forced" though then. smile  You and Solaras are right.  I shouldn't worry about the QAP.

1. Marisa Wright profile image94

Actually I didn't say not to worry about QAP.  I said not there's no point in worrying about the scores.  It is, of course, worth worrying about QAP because your Hubs live or die depending on whether they pass or faill the QAP!

Oh yes.  I understood that. smile  All of my hubs have gotten featured, fortunately.

3. Cardisa profile image90
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I just edited one of my hubs and found a number of grammatical errors. I was quite embarrassed as it is getting a nice amount of traffic now.

I know exactly what you mean!!  This hub has quite a bit of traffic as well.  I should have gone back and edited it months and months ago.

working