jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

I have a new PC and hub pages displays differently

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 7 years ago

On Tuesday my old PC finally died and so I was offline until I could get a new PC and get it set up. I got back online yesterday but I am now using Windows Vista and having a few problems. Here on Hub Pages the display has changed and whereas before the full screen was used now about 2/3 is filled with text and images and the rest is wasted white space from the end of the 'Help' option above to the margin of the monitor screen. This also makes the print much smaller and is harder to read.

Is this because of Windows VIsta? It is a reall nuisance! Can anyone help please?

2. Eric Graudins profile image61
    Eric Graudinsposted 7 years ago

Hi Bard,

Sounds like you need to change the display properties.

Just right click on a blank area of the desktop, and select "Personalise"
    then click on "Display settings"

You can then adjust the resolution to suit your needs
    (Just Google "Vista set screen resolution" if you need more detailed info."

Or  ask another question and I'll try to help.
    Eric G.

3. Bard of Ely profile image87

Thanks for the info, Eric! Someone else on a forum gave me the answer which was to use Ctrl and + with Mozilla and yes, it makes it all back to normal size! Hooray and no more eyestrain today!

4. William F. Torpey profile image85
    William F. Torpeyposted 7 years ago

I was just eavesdropping, and I'm glad I did. I've been living with that problem for more than a year. I had no idea it could be changed. Thank you, Bard. Thank you, Eric.

5. Teresa McGurk profile image82
    Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago

I was able to change this under the "View" control in windows vista -- click on "zoom in" until you like the text size, and you can change each tab you have open separately.  Hope that helps, too.

6. Bard of Ely profile image87

I am OK for font size and display on sites now but still have the big problem of converting all my PC navigation text from Spanish to English. This PC has it all in Spanish. I downloaded a language pack but can't find where it's gone!

William, I am glad this thread has been a help!

1. compu-smart profile image79
      compu-smartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Buena suerte Bard.
      Lo sentimos, no pueden mejorar para que le ayude con esto! He estado usando picasa en francés de los últimos dos meses y no he leído o hablar francés! jajaja

o español, pero gracias a Internet puedo:)

7. EYEAM4ANARCHY profile image94
    EYEAM4ANARCHYposted 7 years ago

Cool beans. I thought the half screen was just part of HP's settings and I was stuck with it.