jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Unable to post comments

1. Billrrrr profile image90
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

When I joined Hubpages I was able to post comments but after the first week I was not able to.  I think that perhaps I am typing in HTML because there's an advisory below the comments that says no HTML.  I was fooling around with Yahoo Free webpages...maybe I flipped some HTML switch.  At any rate, there are dozens of Hubs I've read and tried to comment on. 
    Has anyone had this problem?
    bill

2. compu-smart profile image81
    compu-smartposted 7 years ago

Try using another  browser. This would be my first port of call as a quick fix..

3. BeatsMe profile image82
    BeatsMeposted 7 years ago

I often have this problem. I notice that my comment box do not load correctly whenever I experience this. I have to clean up temporary files and defragment my computer to correct this error.

About the html, I don't know about that.

1. compu-smart profile image81
      compu-smartposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Occasionaly, I notice the comments box not there until I reload the page and it appears!!smile

1. BeatsMe profile image82
        BeatsMeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Even if I reload the page, there are days that the comment boxes in all hubs just won't load correctly. But the problem lies in my computer and not in HP. yikes

4. Billrrrr profile image90
    Billrrrrposted 7 years ago

Thanks for the great advice.  I went from IE to Firefox and "PRESTO" like magic, it worked.  I was able to make a comment. 
    Thanks again.

5. Anamika S profile image72
    Anamika Sposted 7 years ago

I am facing the same problem now. I am unable to comment. Also the HubPage layout looks different to me. I no longer see the tag and author picture in the published article. I use Mozila and IE. I cleaned temp internet files and defragmented too, but nothing seems to be of help.

1. BeatsMe profile image82
      BeatsMeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

If you want, you can use firefox like Billrrrr. In my case, I usually correct the error by just cleaning up. Good luck.

1. Anamika S profile image72
        Anamika Sposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I downloaded  Opera. Now I am able to comment.

working