jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Complete newbie

1. raider23 profile image61
    raider23posted 8 years ago

I only joined a couple of hours ago and I have just made my first hub

I wish I had looked in herre first, but I am here now

So I have acouple of questrions

How do I look at other hubs that may interest me and how do I get others to look at my hubs ?

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Greetings raider23! welcome to HP and you are going to love it here. smile  Just use that search bar up at the near right and type in whatever you are interested in...then a bunch of Hubs will pop up and you can read @ your leisure. There are buttons on every Hub where you can vote, join and link....as long as you are logged in, just click on every button to see what it does and where it takes you, wink it will be a fun journey, indeed. smile

3. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Hi - welcome to the site.

I've not been around here all that long myself, but looking at other people's hubs has really helped. My first few were, like yours, mostly text-only (although yours is more interesting!)

As I've gone on, having seen more of other people's stuff, I've realised how truly multi-media hubs can and should be - links, photos, RSS feeds, videos, the whole nine yards. And you can really intergrate them in the text by splitting text up into different capsules.

Hope that makes sense!

4. raider23 profile image61
    raider23posted 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments,. at least I can find other hubs now

I have RSS feeds on my blogs, so I need to find out how to use them here

It all sounds like a lot of fun

5. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

When you are editing a hub, there is a capsule specifically for RSS, and you can add one (or more). You can also click the pointy-right arrow (can you tell I'm not good at this tech stuff?) to put photos and vids etc on the right-hand side of text, rather than having text, then photo, then text, then links.

6. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 8 years ago

Make sure you hit that Rearrange Now button tongue lol ..that saves your settings for what you want in your Hub smile

working