jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (13 posts)

Half filled in circle

1. LisaMarie724 profile image85
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

What does the half filled in circle mean, and what does the blank circle mean?

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi LisaMarie724,

A half-filled circle means a Hub has not received enough traffic to be Featured. An empty circle means that Hub's quality has not passed the bar for being Featured. http://hubpages.com/faq/#featured-status

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hover the mouse over the icon and it will tell you what it means.

2. 0
    Ronnytronposted 3 years ago

Are you referring to the hub status icons? You have to be a little more specific.

3. psycheskinner profile image82
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Half means traffic too low; empty means it failed a quality assessment.

4. LisaMarie724 profile image85
    LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago

Thanks guys smile

1. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi LisaMarie724 Sometimes as with a few of my hubs, the empty circle means that my hub is no longer evergreen (i.e. no longer relevant) but renewed interest could turn it back to black. 
      Half circle means traffic is slowing.

2. Shyron E Shenko profile image85
      Shyron E Shenkoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi LisaMarie724 Sometimes as with a few of my hubs, the empty circle means that my hub is no longer evergreen (i.e. no longer relevant) but renewed interest could turn it back to black. 
      Half circle means traffic is slowing.

1. LisaMarie724 profile image85
        LisaMarie724posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Shyron.

5. 2uesday profile image88
    2uesdayposted 3 years ago

BTW  I have found that once it is not featured it is harder to get traffic to the page.

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That's because it gets de-indexed, taken off profiles and internal searches.

1. 2uesday profile image88
        2uesdayposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thank you,  I hoped if I posted my comment someone would add the full explanation of what happens. I could not sum it up as well as you have.

6. timorous profile image92
    timorousposted 3 years ago

It's because people are not searching for your topic as much as they used to. This can happen on some articles if it's a seasonal type of thing. In any case, if you do a keyword search on the basic topic, you'll find what they're currently searching for. In that case, you can re-write the article to include those keywords, and include the most relevant keyword(s) in the title. It also helps to write a very compelling description, as well as a more compelling article.

If you still can't get any interest, you may be better off un-publishing or removing the article. It's also possible that under-performing hubs could be bringing down your over-all score (and reputation).

working