jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

How to Build a Web-Site?

1. drblogger profile image60
    drbloggerposted 7 years ago

What are the steps of building a website, that will bring hundreds to it?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Your first step is to find a niche subject that people really want to know about. That's the hard part.

The easy part is building the website.  I've built one, http://bellydanceoz.com using Wordpress. I had the site up and running in a day, even though I had no knowledge of the software before I started). If I can do it, anyone can!  Of course, I have spent a lot of time since then learning more about the software and improving the site.

2. SeSharer profile image77
      SeSharerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Domain, Space, Simple html knowledges, Hard work..

2. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Professional SEO and designers would make that happen ...for a fee. smile

3. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

great name, surprising question - more like intern blogger, i presume

1. sunforged profile image68
      sunforgedposted 7 years ago in reply to this

sorry, guess that wasnt helpful at all

you might want to get your training wheels, by starting a blogspot.com or wordpress.com site

you could also try weebly.com

There is no way to answer your HUGE question, other than time to start using google and doing some research.

i found this free program to be very useful...actually wish i had found it before doing a years worth of hit or miss research on my own

comprejensive month long answer to your question

4. sunforged profile image68
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

well if you follow hubpages....i suggest appropriating hundreds of photographs of bollywood stars and making a webpage dedicated to them....you dont even have to write much - soon you'll have 10,000,000 views!

5. MissJamieD profile image80
    MissJamieDposted 7 years ago

Thanks for asking this question. Please find me (MissJamieD) when your Hub is ready. I'm desparate to build my own website. Can't afford to take classes, love computers. Know most of the basics.

Thanks much. If you don't have time to find me, I'll find you in a bit:) Thanks.

6. shashigai profile image59
    shashigaiposted 7 years ago

i can't believe no one is making the best suggestion!

i test market everything on hubpages - this is because i don't want a million visitors - i want millions to something *I* like to write about.

little by little i am getting there. i am learning how to promote and how to incorporate elements into my hubs that attract people. my most successful hub included videos and pictures and links to other sites. any one of these alone did not work before.

you could also ask this question on yahoo answers or answerville. and you could look at one of the most successful sites - that girl that was making $70,000 a month. not a good resource to me because i can't market to teen girls.

hope this helps.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for stating the obvious shashigai, I don't know why no one else did!

If I had started my own site without "doing my apprenticeship" at HubPages, I would have made a lot more mistakes.  It's not just that you can test out your subjects here, you can learn how to attract traffic - not only by trial and error, but also from all the advice in the forums.

7. 0
    multimasteryposted 7 years ago

http://2createawebsite.com has a lot of great information

8. WHoArtNow profile image86
    WHoArtNowposted 7 years ago

A lot of hard work. Make sure you research everything first, as getting into a saturated market will be a big mistake.

Oh and patience. Don't expect to make a website and be getting 1000's of hits a day straight away.

Oh, and for content management, have a play with www.joomla.org