jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

Thank you, Hub community

1. kalinin1158 profile image95
    kalinin1158posted 3 years ago

I just want to say thanks to the Hub community for always being so supportive of my writing, and for always being polite. I didn't appreciate it until recently, when a few of my articles were published elsewhere. I don't expect people to always agree with me, in fact, I encourage discussion, and in my experience people very rarely post negative comments on HubPages because it's a community of writers first and foremost, and there's great support and comradery in that.  But it's not always the case with other websites. People can be downright nasty, use personal insults just because they disagree with your point of view. I want so say a huge THANK YOU to everyone who ever commented on my hubs with kind and encouraging words, and to those who disagreed with me sometimes, THANK YOU for never being mean or disrespectful.

1. 0
      Beth37posted 3 years ago in reply to this

On behalf of those who have given you support, you're most welcome. smile

2. snakeslane profile image82
      snakeslaneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Speaking as an admirer of your educated and edgy voice here on Hub Pages, I just want to say you're welcome Kalinin...And thank You!

2. Journey * profile image89
    Journey *posted 3 years ago

That is so true. In my experience, the HubPages community has been very capable of respectful discourse and appreciation of each other's work. If you just want to write and not get into heated arguments with people, it's a great place to be. I've never had to moderate a really nasty comment on my hubs. I recently heard that YouTube is trying to clean up the way comments are posted over there. There is such a thing as free speech but some people can be so crude and disturbing they should be blocked. If you see some of the comments that the amateurs (singers for example) who post videos on YouTube have to deal with, you might be very hesitant to post any kind of video on YouTube if you were thinking about it. That is just one example of another site where you might encounter horrible comments. There are so many more.