jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (7 posts)

Joining Pintrest

1. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

If I were to join Pintrest and use it for my creative writing hubs, would I join it as a business? I'm asking because I'm kind of considering joining it. What would be the best way to go about this? Any advice? Is it worth it since I do creative writing and poetry? Thanks in advance!

1. Tealparadise profile image88
      Tealparadiseposted 3 years ago in reply to this

To be completely honest, no it would not be worth it.  Pinterest is an image-based social site and very few people go to it for creative writing.  The major topics on Pinterest are DIY, Home Decor, funny images, photography, craft/art, etc.  Writing is not a topic that does well there, and joining and just posting a ton of your own stuff will have no effect because you will have no followers.  Building followers would take much longer than you're going to be willing to spend on this.

1. WryLilt profile image89
        WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

1. You don't need followers to get pins and repins.
        2. Joining as a business means you have your own website. If you don't just join as personal.
        3. Learn about making MFPs to drive traffic.
        4. You will not make much money off creative writing for free and publicly online.

2. writinglover profile image81
    writingloverposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the responses guys! I'm glad I did my research and asked first. I've already learned lessons the hard way and I don't want to join something that won't be worth it in the long run! big_smile

3. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Join it if you think it will be fun.  As with most social media, joining it just to promote is not a high yield strategy for most people.  You can get pinned without becoming a pinner.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I relegate all social media to the only-do-when-bored category. big_smile

1. writinglover profile image81
      writingloverposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I second that thought, Para. tongue