jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Hub disappeared from Google

1. med420 profile image60
    med420posted 8 years ago

Hello fellow hubbers.  I have a hub that has been on the front page of google for several search terms for 12 months.  I noticed last night that it seems to have completely disappeared?  Does anyone know why this may have happened and how I can fix it?

Thanks in advance.

2. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 8 years ago

Google doesn't give Hubs a boost forever, they regularly change their search criteria so that fresh and new content gets a chance against the older stuff.  I'd say it's time to refresh your Hub content and put some energy into some quality backlinks to get Google's attention again.

1. med420 profile image60
      med420posted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for your thoughts.  I actually updated the hub about a month ago.  I have a ton of backlinks going into it.  Is there any other reason it would have disappeared?

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 8 years ago

The only other thing I can think of is that Google has lots of servers and doesn't keep all the same info on all of them.  If the one with the info about your Hub is down or being worked on, we'd have no idea.

4. seamist profile image81
    seamistposted 8 years ago

I have had the same probably although my hubs aren't optimized, and I don't have  any backlinks. At least one third of my hubs are not indexed or if they do get indexed, they're dropped later. I don't know what the answer is, but it is frustrating.

1. waynet profile image50
      waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Just checked out your blogbuildingblocks blog and I recommend you write an introduction to your problogger review as a blog post and see if a few other hubpages fit into your blog, if not you could sprinkle some links into the existing posts you already have established...Damn I fogot to follow your blog...I'll have to go back!!

1. seamist profile image81
        seamistposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thank you very much for the advice, Wayne. I truly appreciate it.

1. waynet profile image50
          waynetposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Your welcome Seamist...You have a collection of great and varied hubpages there and adding some links to your blog would help add some weight to them and vice versa for your blog.

I don't know if you are on Squidoo too so that would be worth a shot..spread links on more authority sites (Google Page Rank 5 +).

working