jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Threshold for nofollow links is a HubberScore of 85

1. tw6852 profile image59
    tw6852posted 3 years ago

A few weeks ago, my account dropped below 75...because I was gone for a month or so, and no activity caused the drop.  Well I came back from a few trips, got my account up to 79, but all of my links are still no follow.  This is actually happening to my friend right now too.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Taylor

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The current threshold for nofollow links is a HubberScore of 85.
      http://hubpages.com/faq/#linksnofollow

1. gmwilliams profile image83
        gmwilliamsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Learned something new TODAY!

2. tw6852 profile image59
    tw6852posted 3 years ago

Really, when did that happen? And what for?

1. Matthew Meyer profile image78
      Matthew Meyerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It was introduced a little over a month ago in order to limit SPAMMY backlinks or primarily promotional activities. 
      Having links follow rather than nofollow is only important for building backlinks and has no impact on a readers ability to follow a link.

3. psycheskinner profile image79
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

Wow.  So my level of performance is just barely enough to be considered "follow" worthy. 

Wow.

1. IzzyM profile image86
      IzzyMposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That seems to be it, PS. They are devising algorithms to deal with spammers that catch genuine hubbers in the net. Consider yourself "collateral damage".

2. Jenn-Anne profile image92
      Jenn-Anneposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Apparently I am no longer follow-worthy as my score fell 9 points to an 83. It feels rather like I'm being told I'm "spammy."  Of course with only 20 hubs written the the last year (and only 10 of those featured because I haven't the time for endless tweaking) I would venture to say I'm the worst spammer ever. Guess that makes me a double failure. Or something. All I know is that it is incredibly demoralizing, especially given how hard I worked on the hubs I have and given the fact that they are not, in fact, even the slightest bit spammy.

4. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

I specialize in .gov and other extremely reputable links. Associate with class and one is perceived as class. If HP ever tells Google to disregard those links on my hubs, I will cry.

Closed to reply

working