jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (9 posts)

Why no HTML?

1. Nitin Pillai profile image61
    Nitin Pillaiposted 3 years ago

Why is html not allowed on hubpages?

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
      paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Limited HTML is. Advanced HTML isn't because some people are nefarious. smile

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Because HubPages makes its money from shared advertising.  If HTML was allowed, you'd be able to add your own affiliate advertising which would dilute HubPages' earnings.

1. Nitin Pillai profile image61
        Nitin Pillaiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Thanks @paradigmsearch, @Ronnytron and @Marisa Wright. I find it a bit odd without HTML. Actually I wanted to make "divider bars" between the posts.

1. paradigmsearch profile image84
          paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Use the image capsule. But be advised that HP is less than thrilled with the use of divider bars. big_smile

2. Christy Kirwan profile image
          Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Nitin Pillai,

paradigmsearch is correct. We discourage the use of divider bars since they're not part of standard online writing practice and they can make an article look unprofessional.

3. Cardisa profile image91
      Cardisaposted 3 years ago in reply to this

HTML is coding. If you allow that then you allow people to rearrange how your site works. People can place html that will harm your site. In most cases, nefarious people (as Paradigmsearch mentioned) will place codes on your site which you may not be able to remove. It is not recommended that any site owner allow full html from members.

2. profile image0
    Ronnytronposted 3 years ago

This is a content farm, not your personal website. It's a community of writers, not SEO.
    Try blogger.

3. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

I like to hang chandeliers in my hubs. Real ones, I mean. Can be rather slow loading as the truck hurries to the address. Anywhere jungly and forget it.

working