jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (19 posts)

Ads Disabled on Innocuous Hub - Lost the Will to Care Any More

1. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 3 years ago

Just logged into my account to see a new symbol against one of my hubs. Looked it up "ads disabled".

Looked at the Hub..... no reasonable reason why,.

It's a nicely written Hub, completely innocuous.

Lost the Will to care any more.  Just lost any/all enthusiasm for supporting the platform.

Why should I even bother to log in any more .... really.

That one's headed for BubbleWS now ... it'll make for 8-10 posts there.... and earn me more in a week than it did in 2-3 years here.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
      mistyhorizon2003posted 3 years ago in reply to this

I empathise, good luck with it on Bubblews smile

2. Mark Ewbie profile image82
      Mark Ewbieposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had one of those a couple of weeks ago.  Ads disabled.  Felt like a smack in the mouth.  At a time when traffic is tough - this sort of thing is almost cruel.

1. barryrutherford profile image29
        barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Ditto!

1. barryrutherford profile image29
          barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I've had a hub turned on and off disabled a couple of times and had it restored. NNow its disabled again.  It's my best performing hub dealing with the Death Penalty, a important social issue in America.

3. Dale Hyde profile image86
      Dale Hydeposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I had to pop in there and check it out, lol.  I have had every other symbol thrown at me it seems.  I was not aware of yet a new one!  Upon sneaking into my account, and creeping over to the stats section, I slyly observed that this new symbol had yet to attack my account!  Phew!

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Sorry to hear ads were disabled on your Hub! What Hub are you having this issue with? I can check with the Moderation Team to figure out what might have caused ads to be turned off.

5. pauldeeds profile image
      pauldeedsposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Assuming this is the Hub you are referring to, there is a vaporizer listed as an ebay product about half way down the Hub.  I'm sure it wasn't intentional and may simply be the result of a keyword search gone awry, but we believe that violates the adsense policy on drugs, alcohol, and tobacco related content.  That's one that Google seems to particularly care about.   Disabling ads on something like this is done protect YOUR AdSense Account moreso than ours (as long as we are reasonably diligent we will get warnings, not have our account closed).   It's not just meted out randomly as some sort of a punishment.

(EDIT: Oops, just noticed Christy replied similarly below)

1. paradigmsearch profile image88
        paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Paradigmsearch aborts Star Trek phaser hub.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image

I suspect that fictional weapons are exempt (but don't quote me on that).

Also, I would read the heck out of that Hub.

2. earner profile image86
        earnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

That was the one.  I didn't even know what a vaporiser was, nor would I have expected it to turn up in ebay (maybe it was only there for one day due to keywords the advertiser used).

Those ebay capsules are rubbish for narrowing down products.

There's no vaporiser there today/now, just what I expected/chose:

I deleted the second one just to be sure

2. earner profile image86
    earnerposted 3 years ago

It is a smack in the mouth - and cruel.

Does anybody think I have a case against them under my 'Uman Rights??

smile

3. paradigmsearch profile image88
    paradigmsearchposted 3 years ago

A no-no post by someone in the comments section can cause this. Don't know if that is the case here.

No, it didn't get many comments.  They just chose, randomly, to hate me and my hub with a score of 89 that's been published for over 2 years.

1. psycheskinner profile image80
        psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you know there is a reason, even if it is "manual reviewer hit the wrong button".

More likely one of the many  recent rule changes.

Must be under the rule of: It is our aim to annoy hubbers of long-standing.....

1. psycheskinner profile image80
            psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I understand being annoyed.  But you wont fix the problem until you can deal with it objectively.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image

earner, I just heard from the Moderation Team and ads have been turned off because you have a vaporizer in one of your Amazon Capsules. Items that are typically considered drug paraphernalia are a violation of AdSense policies.

1. wilderness profile image95
              wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

And HP is owed a big "Thank you" and sincere apology from the OP for helping to make sure their adsense account doesn't disappear.

Not unusual.

working