jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

How can copies still rank higher than originals in Google Search?

1. LeanMan profile image82
    LeanManposted 3 years ago

Google is broken!!!

If i am searching for copies of my hubs using the text from my hubs I am finding that copies will rank higher than my own original work. This is the case if you do not use inverted commas " " " when you enter the text. But then how many searchers use """""" ??
    No my account and hubs in question are not being penalized by Google as they are still seeing good traffic!

Example first line from one of my better performing hubs about Saudi Arabia;

"There are many opportunities for working as an expat for a company in Saudi Arabia"

Search WITHOUT quotations and my hub does not appear in searches but a site that is an anti muslim propaganda site has stolen it and it appears first.

themuslimissue.wordpress.    com/2013/08/01/   expat-gives-his-feedback-on-working-in-saudi-arabia-no-rights-threats-legal-beatings-rape-confiscated-passports/

added a few spaces and removed some ww's so not an active link! I have contacted the site to ask for it to be removed..

So what other searches is the copy ranking for higher than the original work?

This page is a high performing page with regards to visitors (3 figures daily).

Additional issue with hubscore also;
    It is also has no "style tips" and has original photos etc, more than 2500 words, 200 comments, etc etc.. yet the hubscore has just dropped from mid 80's to being just 72 - Because of the copy hubpages??? Whilst I am not fussed about the hubscore normally I am now with the hubberscore threshold being at just 85.
    Has my hubscore dropped to 72 because of the copy? Can someone at HP please confirm or deny please?????

Anyway the real problem is copies ranking higher than originals in searches - I did report this a few months back when everyone was seeing traffic nosedive to our new lows.. But nothing has changed with Google. "Fresher / Newer" material is outranking us "oldies" even when it is a copy!! Can someone take this up with Google from HP??

2. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

It is one of the effects of Panda. If your page or sub has a Panda hit, scrapers will start to outrank you.

Depressing, I know.

1. LeanMan profile image82
      LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

But I don't think the page has a "panda hit" as it still performs very well as do other pages that I have seen the same issue for... panda or not a copy should not outrank an original..

3. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 3 years ago

This thread might be of interest: