jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Not Satisfied With Answer to Hub Request.

1. kpfingaz profile image71
    kpfingazposted 8 years ago

I asked for a review of a movie and they give me a synopsis. Thing is the answer that they gave me looks like a copy/paste job from somewhere and I'm not too satisfied.

I've seen hub requests answered with one or two sentences and it doesn't look good and I wonder why people even bother.

The thing is though that the request that I gave was also carefully researched. I found that there were lots of searches on Google Trends for "Saw 4 Movie Review" and there were very few pages. The person who had a great Saw 4 movie review lens would have gotten #1 easily and a lot of visitors and made a good bit off adsense.

Also they would have a good lens for when the dvd came out and could use an amazon module to promote it.

Sorry if I sound like an azzwhole but I wasn't too pleased with the answer to my hub request.

2. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 8 years ago

Maybe if there was a function that allowed the requester to vote on the article so their opinion carries a heavy weight would be a good idea.

3. kpfingaz profile image71
    kpfingazposted 8 years ago

Thats actually a great idea cause  I don't like to see these nearly empty hubs or hubs that don't even give you what you're looking for.

I think thats a brilliant idea though... although I could just rant in their comment box or give them a thumbs down or flag them as a last resort. I actually don't like doing any of these things.

4. Marisa Wright profile image91
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

I think voting would be a good idea.  I'm also wondering if there needs to be some kind of vetting of the requests themselves. 

Some of the requests are quite silly and there's no way anyone could construct a serious Hub as an answer.  Unfortunately, there's always someone prepared to jump in and write something half-baked.  The people that do that obviously don't understand how HP works and thinks that just be answering, they're going to get paid.

5. dxdukes profile image61
    dxdukesposted 8 years ago

What was the movie that you wanted a review on?

kpfingazposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Saw 4 Movie Review. Have you seen it?

6. becauseilive profile image84
    becauseiliveposted 8 years ago

KPFingaz, I saw it last week, it was...interesting. I was going to write a hub about how to understand the plot twists and ending for Saw IV, but I don't know that it would be a review per se, more of a guide for those who have already seen it. If you haven't already, you should check it out. But you might be disappointed; a lot of people were. They used new writers for this one than they did for the first three, and it clearly shows.

kpfingazposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Oh, I hate when they do that...but I'm always skeptical when movies get past part 3.
      3 is such a nice round number for movies... they should have just killed off Jigsaw and left it at that.

7. dxdukes profile image61
    dxdukesposted 8 years ago

No I did not see it. I can't watch movies like Saw because I get really scared.