RESOLVED: Avatars, icons, and backgrounds

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (20 posts)
  1. lrc7815 profile image83
    lrc7815posted 10 years ago

Something changed and I don't know what.   My background image is gone, as are my avatar graphics and icons under "featured hubs".  I use Windows XP and alternate between IE8 and Firebox and the problem exists in both browsers.  Any ideas on how to fix would be appreciated.

1. Georgie Lowery profile image90
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Maybe it was a burp in the system or something. I'm seeing everything on your profile page is working.

2. bravewarrior profile image86
      bravewarriorposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Look again, Linda.  Eveything seems to be there.  And welcome back!  I was just thinking about you and here you are!  :-)

lrc7815posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Shauna.  I've missed you too and hope to be really back in another couple of weeks or so.  Hugs!

3. Matthew Meyer profile image73
      Matthew Meyerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I checked and do see a background image for your profile. 
      Are you still not seeing it?

2. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

Looks like a glitch, my background pic is gone too

1. Georgie Lowery profile image90
      Georgie Loweryposted 10 years agoin reply to this

psycheskinner,

I am seeing your images, too.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image73

Perhaps we have an issue with image hosting, especially since some people stated they saw the image.
      Do you recall what image you had set and do you know if it is currently showing as still set in your profile settings?

Hi All and thanks for the replies.  I still can't see any of the avatars or the profile on my page in either browser.  And, it's impossible to tell which background I have chosen because they all have a dark border around them as if they are they chosen one.  I've tried selecting another background and saving the profile but nothing changes.  Since some of you see my avatars and background, I am even more stuped.  Is anyone real tech savy that might know whether this is a Windows, IE, or Firefox issue or a Hubpages issue?  I could sure use some help.

1. Matthew Meyer profile image73

With it being set and you not seeing it, but others are seeing it, it could be related to system resources on your end (RAM, CPU, etc.).

I am going to try to track down an XP machine so I can test using Firefox.

2. Matthew Meyer profile image73

It looks like there may be a minor update for Firefox to 23.0.1, so I would suggest upgrading to that version, clearing your browser cache, and rebooting your computer.
          http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/Diag … r-problems
          If you still have problems, please let me know and I can try to help further.

I just tested in XP using Firefox 23.0.1 and was unable to reproduce the issue for neither @lrc7815 nor @psycheskinner.
          I also tested in Chrome, Firefox, and Opera in Windows 8 and am seeing the background images there as well.

2. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

I set a picture that was pink with brown horses on it.  Now it is gone and not show in my settings at all.

So I loaded something new, hopefully this one will stick.

Thanks for the details.
          I will look into your account as well.

3. lrc7815 profile image83

Problem solved.  I think I had corrpution in my user profile in Windows XP.  I created a new profile and now everything is working as it should.  Thanks to all of you for the time you spent trying to help me.  You're the best!

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image83
          Jackie Lynnleyposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Hi, I have been trying to get help for Clara Kish, she can't publish her work, just gets the title in and today she couldn't even comment on her own pages but could on mine to tell me. Any ideas?

3. tillsontitan profile image82
    tillsontitanposted 10 years ago

Everything looks okay from here too.  Whatever it was, maybe its fixed.

4. psycheskinner profile image83
    psycheskinnerposted 10 years ago

I think it's odd that I had a background image for some months and then it was gone.  I guess I might have somehow done that accidentally,

I see this background image right now for your profile.
      http://s1.hubimg.com/u/8369927.jpg

1. psycheskinner profile image83
        psycheskinnerposted 10 years agoin reply to this

As I said above, I just added a new one.

If there is an issue that you believe is a bug, it is best to leave the issue as it is until we can track down any potential problem.
          Your changing the background, solved your immediate issue of one not being on your profile, but not having the example to refer to makes it difficult to see what could have been the potential issue as any problematic data would have been overwritten with the change.

As this issue stands at the moment, I cannot reproduce it and there is no information with which I can further research it.

Please let us know if you notice this issue again.
          I am leaving this thread open in case any other authors experiences the same issue, that way we can document this potential problem so it can be addressed.

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)