jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Hub Question ... need some clarification about hubs

1. Sharmare profile image59
    Sharmareposted 7 years ago

Hey,
    I am a little confused about the hubs.

Do you generate a NEW hub for each topic you have?
    Do you generate a NEW hub for each new thing you write?
    Or, do you have one hub and add to it ... sort of like how a blog is where you had entries and then have responses? Or do you generate like a sub hub?

I like this site, but am trying to understand exactly how this site and hubs work.

Any wisdom or info or advise you can impart would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Mariann

2. crusador profile image62
    crusadorposted 7 years ago

Hi Mariian,
    Here it's bit different from a blog. You can consider a hub like an article. You can write separate hubs for different topics.It's always better to publish separate hub for a different topic because people coming to your hub are looking for some specific information. Hope this clears your doubts.

3. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 7 years ago

Hey Marian, welcome to HubPages.  I suggest you read a few Hubs -- to get a better idea of what's happening.  I recommend such great writers as LondonGirl, Rochelle Frank, Paraglider, Lita Sorenson. . .there are many great places to start.  Hope you enjoy your reading.

4. Whitney05 profile image63
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Do you generate a NEW hub for each topic you have?
    Each hub is a new topic, although you can write multiple hubs on the same topic, if you'd like. Just make sure that each hub is unique.

Do you generate a NEW hub for each new thing you write?
    Yes, you generate a new hub with each new idea. You can create a hub where you post regular updates (like news updates), but generally each hub is a new idea.

As mentioned by crusador, each hub is essential an article, versus a blog post.

working