jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

What improvements have you made to increase your Hub traffic?

1. hazelwood4 profile image82
    hazelwood4posted 3 years ago

About a year or so ago my traffic dropped considerably on Hubpages. Just curious, what improvements have you made to your Hubs that helped you recover from the Panda update. Also, has anyone who was affected by the changes seen a complete recovery?  Feel free to post links to helpful articles, or P.M. me with useful information.

I do look forward to reading everyone's feedback,

Thanks Mike

1. ChristinS profile image92
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I create pinterest friendly graphics for mine and I engage a lot in social media, but not in a "spammy" way.  I actually share a lot more than just my own stuff and it has brought me a lot more traffic.

2. mactavers profile image86
    mactaversposted 3 years ago

I have seen a very slight improvement over last month, but not much.  There is more forum "chatter" about doing electronic posts on other sites to improve traffic, whereas two years ago HubPages was about well written Hubs. Hubs on more obscure topics were welcomed as informational. It was both more fun and more profitable.   I've updated my better Hubs, but have NOT written any new ones since the "rules" seem to change with every Panda.  I am still enjoying the Hubs of other writers, but I can't see where the Pandas have improved HubPages for writers at all.

3. 96
    Robbie C Wilsonposted 3 years ago

Hi Hazelwood,
                              To improve my traffic, I have embarked on a re-write project for all of my hubs that were written last year. I have used what I have learnt throughout my time here from other authors as well as the tips provided my HubPages. I have added extra capsules such as polls and maps where appropriate and the combination of these changes has increased my traffic slightly. I am still writing new hubs and rolling with the changes both to HubPages and to Google.

1. ologsinquito profile image93
      ologsinquitoposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'm also slowly rewriting older hubs, and in some cases I've changed titles.

4. alikhan3 profile image91
    alikhan3posted 3 years ago

yes it has recovered pretty much

5. CrescentSkies profile image82
    CrescentSkiesposted 3 years ago

I've got editors choice on 4 of my 11 hubs and still not half as much traffic as I used to get from places like google. Most of my traffic tends to come from my two gaming tutorial hubs and that's because I have them linked to the game's hardcode so players can view them as a sort of tutorial documentation.

Hubpages has really fallen. They need to give us back the right to tag our hubs properly again because the hubpages team is obviously terrible at SEO.

6. janshares profile image87
    jansharesposted 3 years ago

In addition to all that Robbie C Wilson said, I have seen improvements from working on my titles. I have listened to experienced hubbers about making sure the title has the right keywords and is searchable. The questions I ask myself now when coming up with a title is, "How are people going to search for this topic," and "What words would they use?" I've learned that titles are not about how creative or witty I can be. It's about using the right words that will make my article pop up on a search, provided that there is interest in the topic. 

I have also used the Title Turner and Google keyword tool to help as well. They don't always work but it helps you explore by trial and error, what works and what doesn't to bring in traffic.