jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (7 posts)

Functional help with adsense...

1. KitchenBuyersAid profile image87
    KitchenBuyersAidposted 3 years ago

Little help...For reasons I can't really explain, my adsense account is associated with a worthless existing wordpress niche site. But until I actually get an adsense ad placed within that site, I can't get anywhere with adsense on HP. I'm stymied.
    So the end question has more to do with wordpress...I tried to C & P the adsense code into the body of the HTML page as instructed...that never worked. Therefore adsense on HubPages just won't happen.
    Do I have to use some sort of plug in to place adsense?? That website hosting came with several standard plug ins but very little support...Anybody know?. Thank you!

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

If your blog is on Wordpress.com, you won't be able to display Adsense because wordpress.com blocks ads. (Specifically, it blocks javascript, which is what the Adsense code is.)  If you have your own domain name and are using the CMS you downloaded from wordpress.org, you should be able to display Adsense ads in the side bar using some plug-in.  People on the wordpress forums are the ones to ask.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Is it Wordpress.com or is it a hosted blog using the Wordpress.org software?

If it's Wordpress.com, then you're not allowed ot use any kind of advertising, so it won't work.   

Is the blog using a .wordpress.com domain or did you attach a domain name?  If you used your own domain name, then the solution is to transfer it to a Blogger account.

2. KitchenBuyersAid profile image87
    KitchenBuyersAidposted 3 years ago

wordpress.com. so that explains that. But I still have to untangle my adsense account from that site. Apparently.
    I was unaware of a wordpress forum. Now I know. Thank You.

1. calculus-geometry profile image85
      calculus-geometryposted 3 years ago in reply to this

On a free wordpress.com blog there's an option to pay for an upgrade.  I think, but am not certain, that the upgrade lets you install plugins that allow you to display ads.  You could go that route, and then cancel the upgrade subscription when you fix your adsense issue. But again, you should go to the wordpress forums and see if someone with more expertise can help you find a solution.  Good luck getting it sorted out.

1. Alison Graham profile image93
        Alison Grahamposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I suggest that you go to your adsense account and remove this wordpress site from your account.
        Go to the "My Ads" tab
        Go to "Content"
        Select URL channels
        Find the name of the site listed there that you don't want to be associated with
        Select the check box next to the name
        Under actions, click remove

If you have named any custom channels referring to that url, I suggest you delete these too.

Once you have done this, that site will no longer be associated with your adsense account. I cannot see why getting an advert on the site would help you at all. Removing the association seems the best option.
        Hope this helps.

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 3 years ago in reply to this

You could pay to upgrade your account.  It's about $99 for the year, I think.  Then you can run advertising there.

$99 is a bit more expensive than getting your own hosting, but there are compensations.  I've recommended it to a couple of friends who are VERY non-technical and terrified of hosting their own site - because it has all the power of Wordpress but is much easier to use. The other big plus is that you're part of the Wordpress "family" - explore the community, be part of the forums, comment on other blogs and others will follow and comment on yours, rather like HP. 

The other alternative, if you're using your own domain name, is to transfer the domain name to some other platform (I'd suggest Blogger).   Adsense is based on the domain name not the platform. Then you can put advertising on the Blogger blog.

You can have Adsense on as many sites as you like, so I'm a bit perplexed why it's necessary to "disentangle" your account from this one.