jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (18 posts)

Hubscore at 71

1. barryrutherford profile image27
    barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago

I have been here Six years never has my Hubscore been as low as 71.  My traffic does not reflect this score although  ts is down like everyone else.

1. Shinkicker profile image88
      Shinkickerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yeah! My Hubscore went under 90 for the first time in over 3 years. I don't really consider it a writing community anymore. It's purely commercial. Sure! Business is business and they have to make a profit but Hubpages have become much more restrictive in the past year. There is less freedom and incentive to write creatively. Hubs have to fit more strict criteria it seems and toe the line for the great Google monster.

barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Seems strange since Bubblenews is generating so much income...

2. ChristinS profile image93
      ChristinSposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hubber scores were changed not that long ago and now they are reflective of your average hub score. If you have some hubs that are scoring lower that could be the cause. My score dropped a bit when the changes were implemented.  Other stuff does have some sway, activity and whatnot, but the biggest factor now I believe is the average of your hubs.

2. Shanna11 profile image92
    Shanna11posted 3 years ago

Honestly, I have zero stock in Hubscores. In fact, they're nothing more than random numbers on pictures to me. Case in point: My Hubscore has not been higher these past few months- hitting 100 more often than not. How many articles have I written in the last year? Roughly 1. How active have I been on the forums? I average about 3 or 4 posts a month. Have I hub-hopped? Not in over a year. Is my traffic good? Nope, it's never been lower.

So I wouldn't worry too much.

1. Writer Fox profile image75
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I think you've just revealed the top secret formula for getting a Hubber Score of 100.

1. LeanMan profile image80
        LeanManposted 3 years ago in reply to this

It appears to revolve around writing short hubs with one picture, 3 to 4 text capsules with an amazon advert in at least 2 of them followed by a poll.. Alternatively writing using a single capsule with lots of bolding and a single image...

Damn, there was me putting in 5-10 original images of my own, 3 or 4 relevant videos, a dozen text capsules for a few thousand words, maps and quizzes where relevant - I am doing too much obviously and the MTurkers mark me down as my hubs take too long to rank for their 5cents - hence my rapidly reducing hub scores and hubber score...

Maybe I need more than just a random number on my picture...

1. MelissaBarrett profile image60
          MelissaBarrettposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Yes, that's exactly how it works.

one thing that puzzles me I recently review a lot of stale hubs which increase my traffic yet my score dropped by five almost immediatly

2. CraftytotheCore profile image98
      CraftytotheCoreposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I hit 100 for the first time yesterday for 5 whole minutes! LOL wink

3. SANJAY LAKHANPAL profile image88
    SANJAY LAKHANPALposted 3 years ago

Shanna 11 may be right, the hubscore may depend upon traffic, number of articles written, activity on hubpages forums, questions, answers, number of posts per month and number of hub-hopped etc.

4. brakel2 profile image88
    brakel2posted 3 years ago via iphone

Apprentices write good hubs. Give us some tips about SEO. Congrats.

5. profile image0
    Ghaelachposted 3 years ago

Personally, I like the way Shanna tells it. There are a lot of hubbers that don't do very much on HP and come up smiling. I have tried very hard (as always) with my writing but keep getting knocked back by HP. My latest work, which is in a series of short stories (flash fiction) fell flat and didn't even get past the start. A similar story in a famous weekly magazine has millions of views and mine gets hit for quality. Hello! something seems totally wrong. But then again there seems to be a lot of things wrong at HP of late. In my years at HP I have never heard so many hubbers bitching or comments written about the way things are running in recent times. I don't know the answer, but something has to be done.

1. Shanna11 profile image92
      Shanna11posted 3 years ago in reply to this

Honestly I have no idea why my hubscore is so high. My views are really quite low. They used to be around 600 or more a day, but they average about 200-250 a day now.

Just been perusing  a few Hubbers. A woman that has not published even one hub has a higher hub score than me at the moment

1. psycheskinner profile image80
          psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Maybe you were bad in a former life? wink

6. barryrutherford profile image27
    barryrutherfordposted 3 years ago

Thanks for all your comments it seems Vanity has been getting the better of me...

7. psycheskinner profile image80
    psycheskinnerposted 3 years ago

If having follow links is important to you (and I know it is to me) hubscore matters as you lose that below a score of 85.

working