jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Title tweak.

1. 0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

When I logged into HP a few days ago I was upset to see that all of my featured work was now unfeatured. And I got the dreaded emails that said my traffic had dropped to zero.
    Google works against us all the time. As search traffic comes and goes. But there is a quick way I found to not only keep those Featured hubs featured but to also increase traffic. In my attempt I got 5 new viewers in the first hour. And the rusults went up from there.

The solution is a title tweak.
    Go to Google and search for the general idea of your hub. Note the exact tiltes of the top 3 that come up.
    Go back to your hub, and update the title to be as close to those three as possable. And make your description include the key terms highlighted across the top 5 google results.
    What this does, it put your hub at closer relevence to google search items. And also causes HP quality filter to re run. Meaning as long as you didnot change much, the Hub will return to featured, and list on HP. Giving you your first couple hits. Over time, a day or so. HP will be crawled by Google and your hub will list higher in search engines.

2. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
    AMAZING THINKERposted 3 years ago

Frequently visited post show up higher in search results, may be that' s why your hubs were listed higher. Google probably won't rank your hubs unless you have at least 12 of those.

1. 0
      epsonok0posted 3 years ago in reply to this

actualy I think your right.  But off site links may be better. Finding a place to do that like Facebook or twitter may be best.

3. AMAZING THINKER profile image60
    AMAZING THINKERposted 3 years ago

Even myspace works! Any social network site you can join. Use your HP link for website.
    Ask other hubbers with similar topics for links. Exchange links with others.