jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

HP promotions.

1. 0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

Technically we can not promote our own work or use the forums for links.
    But I would like everyone's opinions about why they wrote certain hubs.

We never hear stuff like this.
    Some hubs leave me wondering, why?

So without promoting your work with its title or link. Reply with why you wrote one of your hubs. Pick your most controversial one. Or the one that leaves the most questions.
    Don't use the title, just like say... my hub about my grandma. I wrote that one because...
    Or say.... I once wrote a hub about cheese. This is why.

I wont go first. As it violates forum rules. I will comment later.
    This should be interesting.

1. wilderness profile image96
      wildernessposted 3 years ago in reply to this

"How to" hubs - to earn money.

"gun control", "immigration" or "ethics" - to educate others and/or create discussion.

"health hubs" - to educate others, and/or help them in some way.

A couple just for fun, or to see if I could write a specific genre - humor, maybe.

And in fact, I once wrote a hub (long gone) about cheese.  Or at least about cutting the cheese, in response to a challenge from another hubber.

2. ChristinS profile image93
    ChristinSposted 3 years ago

I have written several hubs on how to make things for yourself that most people feel they have to buy.  Alternatives to commercial products that are healthier for you, the environment and work better than a lot of stuff that is unnecessary and marketed to us. 

some have to do with household cleaning.  Many of the commercial products, especially the ones that are used to artificially fragrance homes have been linked to increased rates of breast cancer. Companies can put carcinogens into many products and not disclose it due to "trade secret" laws that are allegedly in place to keep other companies from stealing their recipes.  In actuality they abuse that and there are all kinds of nasty things in products and people are not informed.

I write to earn, but I also write to inform and hopefully maybe help others to think differently about what they put on their bodies, in their homes etc.

3. 0
    epsonok0posted 3 years ago

At least one of my hubs was a ragged attempt to gain followers from Google. I did a most trending type hub. Shameful I know. (I hold my head down here). But most of the time my hubs are about engaging my reader in a project of sorts. One of myne came from the idea that I was viciously bullied and once beaten severely in school because I often caused trouble. In all cases myne are about trying to teach someone what I already have learned. And though my injuries(not bully related) that led me to be bed ridden and then chair ridden have healed and my time here is going to be less in the coming days and weeks. I still will find new content to engage my humbly small audience.

4. Barbara Kay profile image86
    Barbara Kayposted 3 years ago

I wrote one about how to get more traffic, because at the time I was doing fine and I heard so many complaints. I think it helped some people. At least they said they got some new ideas.

I also wrote one about how to solve a certain health problem and have gotten several thanks from people that it worked for. I wrote it because I knew it worked for me and would help others.

One that I wrote to make people aware was about fracking. They are doing it near me and it terrifies me that they'll ruin our water supply.