jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (12 posts)

Can people tell if you flagged their hub?

1. Vezpa profile image61
    Vezpaposted 7 years ago

I don't get a thrill from being a tattle tail, please understand. But if you flag a hub, can that person somehow find out that you flagged it? Or is it anonymous?

2. AEvans profile image72
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Vezpa,
    It is anonymous however when flagging make certain that you are definitely doing the right thing. Sometimes e-mailing them directly and expressing your concerns would in some cases be more appropriate. smile

1. Lissie profile image84
      Lissieposted 7 years ago in reply to this

But possibly maybe more dangerous given the amount of damage some hubbers have had when their adsense codes have been stolen and used inappropriately - if the hub is substandard, spam etc just flag it - the admins will decide

1. AEvans profile image72
        AEvansposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Lissie, That is brilliant as I did not realize other hubbers info had been stolen, that is horrible.sad Thanks for giving more insight.smile

3. Vezpa profile image61
    Vezpaposted 7 years ago

Oh alright.
    I was just curious, oh and believe me, I'd let that person know and would make sure I wasn't making a mistake. Thanks again! smile

4. sunforged profile image63
    sunforgedposted 7 years ago

Its really funny you should ask that........since your article on manx cats is taken word for word from the published book

Manx cats by Karen Commings

http://books.google.com/books?id=6sEUKj … t#PPA12,M1

Maybe you thought .pdf's were not searchable?

So why would you run around flag happy when your just a one week old thief?

And then bernes mountain dogs is copied from wikipedia - as their are the occasional typo - it would seem as you actually retyped it...so good for you

rather than retype the .pdf book you stole from google,,,,you could have printed the page, then scanned it through OCR - that would have been easier.

So why is it that you want to flag people

(my bad I  was TA for a while and newspaper editor - so I tend to find plagiarism a little more criminal than the average fella)

I would flag you....but its not really worth the effort of clicking

5. LondonGirl profile image89
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

more likely the OP wants to find out who flagged him or her (-:

1. Rochelle Frank profile image88
      Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is an interesting insight. You must be onehekuva barrister.

6. LondonGirl profile image89
    LondonGirlposted 7 years ago

Sorry, was it pointing out the blindingly obvious? I tend to do that.

7. Rochelle Frank profile image88
    Rochelle Frankposted 7 years ago

"Blindingly obvious"  may not be apparent to some of us who occasionally blink. 
    It was enlightening to me.  Thank you.

(I rarely deal in sarcasm, if that is what you were thinking.)

1. LondonGirl profile image89
      LondonGirlposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I was, my apologies. When I do state the blindingly obvious, do let me know (-:

8. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

wow.  busted. 

It wasn't that obvious, I didn't think of it.  Then again, I am not that bright.

working