jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (14 posts)

Choosing topic under Display Options

1. Faith Reaper profile image87
    Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago

I noticed during the time I was working on a recent hub and before the hub was actually published, I went under "Display Options" and chose the topic and did not really think anything about it.  Then I saved the unpublished hub to finish up later.  I happened to notice later on a hub that is published, at the bottom of the hub where is shows next and previous hubs, my unpublished hub was showing up there, when it was not even published yet.  I immediately went back in and edited the unpublished hub and removed the topic under Display Options, but left it under the normal choosing of the topic.  It no longer showed up under the published hub.  Just letting all know this happened to be aware for I did not want someone clicking on a hub that was not published at the time.  I do not think it should allow an unpublished hub to be shown as if it were published until it is actually published under such topic.

1. MarleneB profile image96
      MarleneBposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I am so glad I read Reality Bytes' response. It is good to know that the view we see while we are logged in is not necessarily the same as when we are logged out. It is unsettling to think that our unpublished hubs can be viewed by others. Now I know to log out first when I want to see what the public sees.

Faith Reaperposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Exactly Marlene! I did not realize such until I saw it myself.  There is always something to learn. I wonder if just the link shows up and then when someone clicks on it they would not be able to see the hub as it would just say unpublished. I hope at least that is the case!

1. Reality Bytes profile image92
          Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I believe they are viewable while logged in so you can establish which links are on what hub.  You can alter the order of your group to synchronize them.

If the hubs are not published, the links cannot be seen by the reader.

Yes, I have moved them around a bit, as there is one topic I publish under a good bit here of late.  Oh, I am so glad they cannot be seen when unpublished.  It seems the unpublished hubs show not even show up under "next" or "previous" on other hubs that are published.  The system should catch that they are not published.

2. cleaner3 profile image79
    cleaner3posted 3 years ago

all that publishing and unpublishing ..
    you lost me ..! help ..
    I can't find my way back..!

Hi Michael (cleaner3),
      Yes, you most likely just write your poem straight away and publish and are done with it!  That would alleviate the issue no doubt.

1. cleaner3 profile image79
        cleaner3posted 3 years ago in reply to this

are you angry with me ..? you seem to have some  kind of issue with me..  is there a reason for this,?

No, Dear Michael, all is lovely this day.  You are a poet who can write from your heart and it pours without effort.  You have a gift, and I am always blessed when I read your poetry.  Have a great week ahead.  Blessings.

3. Millionaire Tips profile image89
    Millionaire Tipsposted 3 years ago

When you choose a group, your hub will show up in the links at the bottom, whether or not it has been published. I don't think people can actually see the hub though if it hasn't been published.

For this reason, I don't choose a group until the hub has actually been published. (Keep it in the orphan hubs group until you are ready to publish, and make sure there aren't any published hubs in the orphan hubs group.)

I wonder if there is a way to program it so that unpublished hubs get bypassed in the links so this doesn't happen.

Yes, it would be great if the program could bypass such and I am glad I noticed this. It seems it does not display such when one intially chooses a topic but does so under the display option.  I just do not want someone seeing it on another published hub under "next"or "previous" until it is actually published. If someone sees it and clicks on it snd it says unpublished then once it is actually published they may not read thinking it is unpublished.

4. Reality Bytes profile image92
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

All hubs in a group can be seen below WHILE logged in.  Log out and check to give you piece of mind.  smile

Thank you so much, Reality Bytes! So really when we are working on a hub, it is truly best to not place it in a hub group until ready to publish. I did see the one I was working on to be published on another published hub!  I am so glad I just happened to notice it showing up as if it were a published hub. I have since published it.

5. Gypsy Rose Lee profile image60
    Gypsy Rose Leeposted 3 years ago

Thanks for the warning Faith. I am lately writing always under poetry and publishing right away but if sometimes I don't it's good to know.

working