jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Turning Off Comments Capsule Without Losing Prior Comments

1. Doc Wordinger profile image93
    Doc Wordingerposted 3 years ago

Hi,

I'd like to turn off the comments capsule for one of my hubs, KEEPING all previous comments but preventing any further comments from being posted. Is this possible? Please could someone show me how to do it? I've tried to figure it out but failed.

Thanks in advance.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Hi Doc,

Here's how to prevent further comments:

1.) Edit the Hub you want to disable future comments on.
      2.) Edit the comment capsule.
      3.) Click the check box for the "Disable any further comments from being posted" option.

http://blog.hubpages.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/Screen-shot-2013-09-24-at-9.33.11-AM.png

Doc Wordingerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Christy - Thank you!!!!!

2. Reality Bytes profile image95
    Reality Bytesposted 3 years ago

Just a suggestion.

Copy and paste the comments in to the hub.

1. Writer Fox profile image76
      Writer Foxposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Good idea!

3. sparkster profile image91
    sparksterposted 3 years ago

When you edit the hub, scroll down to the comments section and click edit on the right-hand side of the comments capsule.  To the right, at the top, there is a check-box which says "don't display this capsule" - simply click this and the comments will no longer show - uncheck the box to get the comments back.

Doc Wordingerposted 3 years ago in reply to this

The thing is sparkster, I'd like to keep all current comments since people have taken the time to read the article and leave their thoughts. I wouldn't want to erase the reader contributions that have already been made.

4. Doc Wordinger profile image93
    Doc Wordingerposted 3 years ago

Thanks Reality Bytes, that's a good idea but if it's the only way to keep previous comments whilst preventing the capsule from permitting further comments, I think I'll probably just leave it alone rather than tinkering with the hub itself. Thanks anyway, your reply is appreciated.

working