jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Clicks in Adsense but no earnings...

1. composed profile image82
    composedposted 7 years ago

I got a couple clicks in Adsense, but no earnings associated with those clicks.

Is this the real deal and if so, why?

2. bgpappa profile image84
    bgpappaposted 7 years ago

I had nine clicks before I got the first revunue.  I think you have to have a certain amount of impressions first to create a formula where you get paid by click.  But I don't think I made money for the fist nine.  Just the ones afterwards.

3. sunstreeks profile image84
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

yep they happen.

could be PSA's from google adsense: PSAs are non-profit organization ads that are served to pages when targeted ads are unavailable, or when Google is unable to gather content from the page. Publishers do not receive earnings for clicks made on PSAs.

Or CPM's
    from google: CPM stands for "cost per 1000 impressions." Advertisers running CPM ads set their desired price per 1000 ads served and pay each time their ad appears.

Or Invalid clicks.
    From Google: clicks or impressions generated by unethical users, automated robots and traffic sources, and publishers encouraging clicks on their ads. Our system enables us to filter out most invalid clicks and impressions, and our advertisers are not charged for this activity.

It could be as simple as someone who thinks they are trying to help you by clicking on your adsense links repeatedly, or a adwords competitor that is trying to use up their competitions daily set adwords allowance. That stuff does happen.

4. composed profile image82
    composedposted 7 years ago

thanks for the great insight.

it's funny... i actually saw an ad on one of my pages that i would have genuinely clicked on because i was truly interested, but i had to stop myself!

1. Marisa Wright profile image91
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, happens to me all the time.  I wrote on Today.com for a while and there, you can't see the ads while you're logged in - it removes the temptation!

5. rancidTaste profile image59
    rancidTasteposted 7 years ago

Can anybody help me for the following query?

How to find the total earnings in Kontera. I didn't find any options to do that like Google AdSense.

I see the details report option but it does not see the total value. I saw some clicks has eCPM >2$ . But total is not a single 1$. It's less than $1.

So, would you please tell me the way to find out the total earnings to kontera?